Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20/10

Happy anniversary Cheryl, the best 8 years of my life.

First full day of blogging, how exciting. Today was pretty interesting, I woke up and spent 15 minutes or so giving the pups chest rubs and kisses. Usually I only spend 10 minutes doing this, the extra 5 was Cheryl's time with the pups. We made our way down stairs where I miraculously made myself some coffee. Cheryl may not believe it, but I do remember this most important means of survival. Sitting in front of the computer I posted in my blog, then proceeded to check out everyone else's blog. At 6:30am, time to get ready for the day. Got dressed and started a load of laundry. At 6:45am, out the door with the pups for our morning walk. We did our traditional 1.5 mile loop, it will take some time to get use to handling both dogs, but they were good. There is one place in particular on the walk where there has been a chicken bone on the sidewalk for 2 days now. Reece snagged it with lightning quick reflexes this morning. Equally quick, I had my hand down her throat in no time. This time I chucked the bone into a nearby flower garden. Typically in those situations I yell out "Chicken Bone" even if it isn't a chicken bone. That is my cry for action when one of the dogs gets into something. It is followed immediately by a jerking pull on the leash, then hands go in the mouth wrist deep.

We typically walk down Lincoln St. which is currently under construction. As Cheryl and I have noted to one another, is seems brilliant to start a year long road construction project in September. What could possible go wrong? We don't get any snow or freezing temp, right? Anyway, I will keep updates on the blog as the construction continues, I feel it is my duty as a civil engineer. Ultimately, if walking the dogs past the construction become too much, I will find another route.

When we got back to the house, I quickly had a bowl of cereal, cleaned up and went off to work. Work was pretty exciting and exhausting today. I was spread out over a lot of projects which kept me super busy, which is good. Poor Dennis came up and said he has to go to the doctor's, he thinks his foot is broken (injured during softball last week). Being that he is walking on it, I said, "It's not broken if you are walking on it". His response, "my toes are starting to turn black today". I told him to head to the doctors. Any suggestions from EMT's listening?

At lunch I went home, made a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo. I played with the pups in the backyard for 20 minutes, then headed in. Unfortunately it seems the dish fairy took today off, so I washed all the dishes. The tree trimming guys came by at 12:45, so I stuck around to watch them trim the tree by the driveway, took all of 15 minutes. I sat on the porch with Micum's dog.

I need to speed this up a but, this entry is taking longer than I thought. Ok, so then I went back to work and finished out the day working on the Nashville project for Aaron who was out of the office today. I came home and played with the pups in the yard, feed them and made myself a snack. I ate the remaining flatbread and dip from our party the other night. I installed a new recessed light trim piece and floodlight type bulb in the mudroom. I like the trim, but the light actually takes a full second or 2 to turn on which is a bit annoying.

The evening dog walk occurred at 6:30pm. Same loop as the morning walk, but this time there is a new "something" that has caught Chance's eye. I will take a picture of it today. It really stressed Chance out, looks like some kind of kids school project that was set by the sidewalk. The pups were good on the walk, with minimal pulling. We got home and I made myself a bowl of cereal for dinner and watched some TV. During one of the shows, I had a bowl of chocolate pudding and whipped cream. At 9:30pm, headed to bed. Spent some time reading the new Home Power magazine.

I promise to incorporate photos more regularly, I forgot to take some yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. #1 Chicken Bone!

    #2 Since I doubt Dennis has frostbite I'm gonna go with ya, it's broken. You didn't believe me either remember? Not everyone feels pain as intensely as you :)

    #3 Poor little Chance. His whole world is changing around him. Tough times in the Border Collie world. Can't wait to hear what the problem is. How's the rash on his mouth? You should probably take it easy on the kisses until that unknown clears up a bit.

    #4 I talked to the dish fairy. Turns out she went on sabbatical and will be back in 5-6 months. She is sorry she left you without consulting you but figured that if you can make your own coffee then you can handle the dishes as well. Oh and did I mention I didn't make the coffee last night?

    ReplyDelete