Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/21/10

Tuesday morning I got up and blogged for about 30 minutes, actually almost 40 so I had to be brief in me last paragraph. After updating the blog I took the pups for their morning walk. I've noticed it getting darker every morning, soon I will need my headlamp. Not a whole lot to report here, same loop and not much action. Though I have been starting to utilize the trash barrels at the baseball fields. The down side is that Chance thinks he is going to watch tennis and turns into a wholly tugger. It was also nice to walk past that house without the chicken bone. By the way, here is a picture of this 'thing' Change is so confused about. Anyone have any ideas of what it is?

When we got back to the house, I had a bowl of Cheerios (I even sprang the extra dough for the real deal, no knockoffs today). I had a cup of coffee and relaxed 5 minutes with the dogs. I got myself ready for the day and headed off to work. Keeping going on 3 major projects and a mix of another 5 or so. Dennis was not in in the morning, finally went to the doctor for his foot.

At lunch I came home and took a picture of the tree trimming from yesterday. I had a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo that I took into the backyard and played with the pups. It is great having time in the middle of the day to get the pups outside. I also had time to do the dishes and clean up a bit.

Back at work I continued with some sketches and designs for South Jersey and Piedmont projects. I also scheduled a site visit to Lynn, MA so that I can get some field measurements to design a 3 sided metal enclosure on some equipment. It will be my first time designing a metal shed to withstand 150 mph winds.

I also called the City of Portsmouth's assessor's office today. They re-assessed our house this year... increased $67,000 in value from last year??? I am a bit confused. I called to schedule an informal hearing, I got the last spot. Since the period to call in and make appointments has only been open a few days, I asked the lady what is everyone else who calls in after me suppose to do if they want to fight? "Not sure yet, we will just take names and maybe we can get to them".

Seth stopped by my cube and said there is a pickup game of basketball at the courts by my house tomorrow after work 5-6pm. I hope to make it, I didn't realize how much I missed playing bball since my 8 years away. Weird, I haven't played basketball in 8 years... I've been married 8 years... possible connection?

Went home after work, played with the pups in the backyard and fed them. Jumped into some running clothes and went for a 3mile run. My stomach wasn't feeling very good, so I took it easy. Got back, took a shower and then talked to Cheryl for a few minutes. She is in Christchurch, leaves for the ice tomorrow. She said there is definitely some destruction from the earthquake and a few brick facade's fallen over, but not devastation. My opinion, media over sensationalizing it. Anyway, took the pups for their evening walk. It was a great walk, though Reece still pulls on her harness. I am trying a body harness vs. the gentle lead harness, so far mixed results. She saw her 'favorite' dog on this walk. There is something about this dog (or its owner) that makes Reece flip out unlike anything else I've seen.

After the walk, made my gourmet bowl of Cheerios and watched NCIS and NCIS - LA. There was a second episode of NCIS-LA, but couldn't stay awake long enough. Headed to bed around 10:30pm, late night for me. Below are two pictures of the recessed lights in the mudroom.




Which do you prefer?






Walked: 3.2m
Ran: 3.0m
Meter reading: 4096kWh, 10 less than yesterday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh poor Chance! I would be scared of that thing. No clue what it is.

    Not sure how I feel about the lights. The left looks better, but it's nice to have as much light as possible in that room.

    No comment on the basketball thing. Have fun :)

    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc - I prefer the first recessed light...other one looks like it's missing a piece?

    The "thing" Chance is confused about I think is a Fairy House. They had a Fairy House tour last weekend and kids made their own Fairy Houses..and that's what it looks like to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.prescottpark.org/fairyhouse.cfm

    About the Fairy House Tour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's an exotic bird someone has had stuffed and mounted. And the light on the left looks good - is that the one that's taking so long to turn on? Hate that....

    ReplyDelete