Saturday, September 25, 2010

9/24/10

Friday morning, pastry day at the office. Did the morning routine with the pups, backyard with the dogs for a few minutes, back in for some coffee and blog time, then our walk. As usual, the walk was pretty uneventful but had a few funny moments. So, they City is reconstructing Lincoln St., separating the sewer and drain lines. This is half of my walk and is a pretty major route for students walking to the middle school. At one particular corner is where most of the kids hang out before school starts, it is also where the construction is currently. It was good because the construction crew has a flagger during the times when kids are likely to cross. As I was going by with the dogs this morning, one of the girls was asking the flagger is Justin was round today. As I walked past, all the girls were talking about Justin... seemed funny to me that the construction has been going on for a week now and Justin is already a favorite of the girls. That was my morning walk story. I know it was a dumb story, but that is the only thing I got now-a-days.

Got back to the house and got ready for work, played with the dogs one last time and headed to work. Since it was friday, that means pastries! An early morning pastry to help get through the day is great. I caught up with Aaron who was in NC the last two days for work. Seth sent out his notice to everyone at the office that he was leaving CHI and next week is his last. Seth will be missed, he brought a fresh and optimistic feeling to the office that we really need. But, I have joined his fall basketball league that starts in October, every monday night. Plus we play bball every sunday. For lunch, Aaron, Paul R., Dennis and I went out for lunch at Paddy's on the tradeport. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with mashed potatoes. Aaron had a pastrami sandwich with a side of a worm. Apparently it came from a piece of cale. Another reason to dislike cale. It wasn't a big deal and the restaurant gave Aaron his meal for free (brought out a whole new sandwich).

Looking at the Prescott Park 'Passport' this weekend, it is not something included with the season pass Cheryl I bought. Admission into the October 2nd brewfest is what was included.

After work I came home and played with the dogs in the yard, then went for a run. I can't believe how warm it is, made for a difficult run. I had to walk a small portion because of the heat and the added weight of the sandwich at lunch. Got home and played with the dogs a bit, took a shower, then headed out for the evening walk. Had a pack (4) kids go by on skateboards, it was fantastic. We definitely caused a scene.

After the walk, I drove over to Dick's, I need a pair of basketball shoes bad. Every weekend I play with my running shoes, they have no side-to-side support. I was constantly rolling my ankles and had blisters all over my feet. I was surprised by the price of basketball sneakers. I am use to paying $120+ for running shoes, got my new basketball shoes for $40, what a deal. I'd like to thank all those kids in China working for a bowl of rice a day for keeping the cost of the shoes low for us Americans.

Got home, ate the rest of my Chipolte burrito from yesterday's lunch and fell asleep on the couch. Woke up an hour later and moved to the bedroom. See you in the morning.

Ran: 2.8miles

1 comment: