Friday, September 24, 2010

9/23/10

The morning was rushed, just like every thursday morning. Got up, dressed and played with the pups outside. Put the trash and recycling out, then got the dogs in the truck and headed to Barrington. I dropped Reece off for daycare at 6:30am, then back to Portsmouth. Chance and I got to enjoy an all boys walk while dodging other people's trash strewn across the sidewalks. These walks are so great because Chance gets super excited and constantly looks back at you to see what you are doing, too cute. After the walk, I took down a bowl of cereal, made a few kong treats for the boy and headed to work.

I spent an hour and a half at work this morning trying to help the Nashville team get their permit drawings out on time. Then Mike and I headed to Lynn, MA to take measurements the possible re-start of our project there. On our way back North, we stopped off at Chipolte and I had a chicken burrito (no black beans). Made it back to the office by 2:30pm and worked on a few other projects before the end of the day. Talked to Jeff G. on the phone, I can't remember if our Prescott Park pass gets us into the this weekends 'Passport' event. Also finally downloaded the cute photos of Oskar at the beach Shannon sent over.

After work, rushed home to play in the yard with Chance. Since Yellow Dog Barn is open later now, I took the time to play ball with Chance first. Then we headed to YDB. Usually I take a detour as I approach the Lee traffic circle because the traffic is backed up over a mile, went down my super secret road only to find the bridge is being reconstructed and was closed, bummer. Headed back to route 4 and got back in line. We got Reece at 6pm and headed home. I wanted to go through Durham to experience the new traffic circle everyone is talking about. Though it worked well for me today, I can't wait to see it in action when a UNH hockey game lets out.

Back at the house we played some more ball in the yard, I brought in the bins for recycling. At 7:20pm, went for our evening walk. It was pleasant and uneventful. Say a cop pull over a minivan on Richards Ave, looked like a typical pull over, no action. Got home and finished eating the mac & cheese I made yesterday. Sat down to watch my tv shows at 8pm. Cheryl called at 8:20pm. I have to admit, I pondered not answering. There are certain nights I just don't want to talk on the phone, I get sucked in to tv and want to stay sucked in. I know it isn't the best use of time and all the other issues that go with watching tv, but it relaxes me for an hour at the end of the day. So, if anyone plans on calling me after 8pm on mondays, tuesdays or thursdays, be warned that I may not answer.

After watching The Community, 30 Rock and The Office, off to bed for me and the pups.

2 comments:

  1. Where's the new traffic circle in Durham? We are planning on buying tickets to Hockey for one game each month...do you want to go too? Tickets are on sale Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you the bridge is closed.

    #2. I understand the not calling on certain nights... it's just that I had not talked to you since the bus station on SUNDAY. Geeze, you'd think by friday that Betty White and Chevy Chase might take a back seat to the wife? Nope.

    ReplyDelete