Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/28/10

Another rainy morning in NH. The dogs and I got up per our usual routine. I finished the last of the OJ, but I don't plan on going to the store until the weekend. I am feeling increasingly better and not so sniffy. Reece seems to continue to gimp a bit, but I think she is staying off it enough to heal. After the coffee and blog time, I grabbed a booty from our collection of good stuff to put on Reece's paw. I am hoping that it is gentler on her paw than the concrete sidewalk. We went out for a short walk to Cass St. and back. Poor Chance wants longer walks, but he will have to survive with these shorter ones. I made a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast... bad news, looks like only one bowl worth left. That was my morning, then off to work.

On a side note from last night, I bought some different light bulbs over the weekend at Home Depot (instead of Lowe's) and tried one out in the recessed lights in the mudroom. These bulbs were instant on and a brighter white than the ones I got at Lowe's. It really does depend on the manufacturer.

At work I continued on my multiple projects. I have been working on one with Dennis the past few days, a bridge crossing in Mass. Working with Dennis on projects is good, he can make things hilarious that might otherwise seem ordinary. It really helps me keep a positive mood at work. At lunch Aaron and I tried out Lexie's over on Islington St. I have been wanting to go there to try it out, they advertise organic food, peace signs everywhere and generally look like a fun liberal place to eat. Aaron had a mushroom burger and I had a chicken malinese sub, we both got it with fried pickles! Ordinarily I wouldn't have finished the sub, but because of my cold I haven't been eating much lately. The sub was fantastic, and the fried pickles even better, definitely a do over.

On the way back to work, we stopped by the house and let the dogs out for 10 minutes. I showed Aaron my attempt at the side entry stairs. Since it has been raining the last few days, there has been little progress. Back at work, very similar to before lunch. Continued work on my outstanding projects, trying to make progress in any way. Seth started asking about basketball team names for the monday night league, many suggestions but I don't think any were very serious.

I was going to meet up with Maggie after work for a half hour or so, but we decided to hold off till next week instead. So I stayed at work an extra half hour to close out a project. When I got home I took the pups in the yard for some ball throwing. Since I put the booty on Reece, she didn't want to run around. We went in, and I fed them dinner. The dogs and I got into the truck and headed over to Lowes to return those crappy light bulbs. I then bought recessed light trim pieces for the rest of the lights in the house. Walked over to Target and bought 5 boxes of cereal... but I forgot the OJ. Next I went over to Home Depot and bought more of the light bulbs that actually worked.

We got home and I took the dogs for a quick walk to Cass St. and back. I actually cut it back early because Reece's 'favorite' dog was walking on the other side of the street and Reece was putting a lot of pressure on her bad paw. A quick wipe down of the pups in the mudroom and we were in for the night. I installed the new trim pieces and light bulbs to the 4 recessed lights in the mudroom and noticed it was 8pm. The other lights in the bedroom and bathroom will have to wait. I grabbed my bowl of chocolate pudding (this was my dinner) and headed to the couch to watch NCIS. Finished watching TV at 10pm, and off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Should have told me you were going to Target. I have coupons for free juice with 2 boxes of Target brand cereal. I like their Honey Nut Cheerios version.

    ReplyDelete