Thursday, September 30, 2010

9/29/10

I was told that my blogs seem very long for not a lot of action, therefore making them difficult to read (Cheryl). Well, some people like my long drawn out descriptions of the dog walks and non excited things, so I will continue that way. This morning I got up after larger amounts of Reece snuggles, it was almost too difficult to get up. We condensed the morning routine (outside, check electric meter, coffee, write in blog, dog walk, and breakfast {bowl of cereal}) so that I could get to work a little early. Since Reeces vet appointment today is at 10:40 am, I wanted to make up some time this morning.

Everyone at work seems to be doing fine, it is a countdown as Seth leaves at the end of the week. At 10am I left work and picked up Reece and headed to Barrington. Since it was a beautiful day, we both enjoyed the car ride with the windows down. Reece did well in the waiting area as there was a small 'yappy' type dog also there. Dr. Harrington looked at Reece's paw and found the same scrape I did the other day. He gave Reece her kennel cough shot and a wellness exam. We also got some antibiotics and a soaking solution for the paw... I am suppose to use this solution to soak Reece's paw for 5 minutes a day for 5 days... this is going to be fun. Reece did so well at the vet, though she really looked frightened. Hopped back into the truck and back to the house.

Got back home at 11:30am, so I played with Chance in the yard a bit then made a ham and cheese sandwich and made it back to work at noon. I continued to work on outstanding projects. One that I am most excited about is a structural steel enclosure that I am designing on some equipment in Lynn, MA. I can't remember if I already mentioned it. It is interesting, though not very extensive, and I have to have another engineering form review and stamp it.

Looks like I will be in NC for the second half of next week, possibly my last visit down there. Maybe the week after we will have a night out with the 'younger' CHI employees. For those who may not know... this year CHI hired many young employees, I'm not sure if it was by design or not. But last year, I was the youngest office employee with a company wide age average hovering in the mid 50's. Well, since february, we hired Aaron (35 - civil eng), Carl Hoge (24 - mech eng), Seth (25 - IT), Emily (mid 20's - admin). So, for the past couple months, I have been organizing after hours hangouts once every 3 weeks. It has been fun so far and I hope the tradition continues.

After work I went home to play with the dogs, then feed them dinner. I went out for my first run in 5 or 6 days due to my cold. It felt really good to get a run in on such a great day. Got back and played with the pups in the backyard a bit, took a shower and cleaned the house a bit. Talked to Cheryl on gphone for 20 minutes until it was time to take the dogs out for their walk. This is where my day got interesting...

As I passed Cass St. walking down Middle St., I noticed a bunch (10) of guys crossing Middle St. stopping traffic. I thought it was a bunch of punk kids, so I contemplated crossing the street to keep away. Then they started moving down the side of a house (rental unit), a motion light came on, the guys were wearing swat team gear with military style guns and bullet proof vests. Once the light came on, they booked it to a door at the rear of the lot and busted it down. Not sure what they were looking for, but it was a pretty impressive raid. As a nosey Portsmouth yuppy, I stood around and watched. Hey, this is the most excitement I've had in awhile. Within a few minutes there were Portsmouth cops around. Not as much police force used to breakup the underage drinking party on July 4th though.

After all that action, got back home, made a pizza for dinner and watched my newest Netflix movie. Watch 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow'. It was ok, fell asleep and missed the last 15 minutes. It could have been from the movie being boring, or that I had a beer. In bed at 10pm snuggling with my little girl Reece.

No comments:

Post a Comment