Friday, October 1, 2010

9/30/10

Good morning. Today will start my new routine of trying to soak Reece's paw in the blue solution the vet gave me. I guess I shouldn't say 'gave me', I'm sure I paid for it. Anyway, this should be easy right? I mean, Reece loves water, she will gladly put her paw in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Well, I think I got more of a soaking than Reece's paw. I am only glad that Chance stayed away and didn't get too nosey. (Cheryl) - Getting a photo of this may be very difficult.

After what seemed like 20 minute, but was closer to 3, I gave up and cleaned up the mess that was left. I proceeded with my typical routine. The good news is Reece is limping less as I am walking he a bit more each day. The scrape is looking better. After our morning walk, I had a bowl of Cinnamon toast crunch cereal and prepared for the day.

Work was an interesting mix of things. By the end of the day, Paul R. had handed in his notice to leave. Friday will be his last day, Paul was a new hire that had only been with the company for 8 months. Seth invited Carl Hoge and I over for dinner tonight and to watch The Gladiator. Which as I later found out is 10 years old, though I hadn't seen it yet. At lunch I went home and played with the dogs, I only had two slices of ham left, so my sandwich was a little bleak. No worries, someone at work was having a lunch & learn, when I got back to to office there was a few pizzas left over so I had a slice.

It was during lunch that I discovered something interesting. We received our open house packet of information for this year's Green Building Open House Tour this weekend. What is interesting about this is that I never signed us up for it. I checked the NHSEA's website, and there we are, on the open house tour. I called NHSEA, they mistakenly copied our information over from last year. No worries, they will just take it off the website. I am being a little sarcastic here, the people were very nice and very apologetic, but I still have the concern of 120+ people showing up to my door on saturday. Since my property was on the website for over 2 months, taking it down 36 hours before the tour isn't really going to help. Since I will be over at Jeff & Shannon's installing wood floors, I don't want people peeking through the windows and setting off the dogs. Any suggestions?

At 4pm I left work to open the house op for the city assessor. This came about from my meeting this past saturday. The assessor seemed very nice and informative, took about 10 minutes to review the house. I made a point to tell him that the majority of the building material was 'second hand' vs. 'reclaimed'. Kinda like 'used' vs. 'certified pre-owned'. Anyway, after the assessor left, I played with the pups in the backyard while phoning into a conference call for work. This worked out well, I was involved yet playing with the dogs, what a great concept.

Something interesting must have been going on in the universe between 5:15 and 6pm. I received 8 phone calls in that time, from different people. As I was talking to Harry about work, I got two calls that went to voicemail, as I checked the voicemail, I got two more. I started calling people back, and more calls came in. So, I apologize for anyone I haven't got back to yet, I am still listening through the voicemails.

Some play time in, we went for an early walk with a slightly early dinner. This was all in preparation to head over to Seth's at 6pm for dinner and a movie. Seth was flying solo with Hudson (Seth's 5 month old son). I couldn't believe what a good baby Hudson was. He watched as Seth made dinner, while Seth, Carl and I talked. It was definitely a fun time to hang out and talk with the guys outside of work. Being that we all live in Portsmouth, that made it easier to organize to. So, Seth made some past with meat sauce. Which I am greatly impressed by. I need to be more motivated to make real dinners as opposed to my cereal or cheese and crackers. Carl brought banana bread for desert, which we ate while watch the movie. Admittedly, this was a late night for me, but well worth it. Hopefully there will be more nights of hanging out during the winter.

Made it home a little after 10:30pm, took the dogs outs and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment