Monday, February 14, 2011

2/12/11

A lazy saturday... actually, I was out and about quite a bit. I will keep it short, as weekends are difficult to keep track of on monday morning when I write the blog. Ultimately, we did our morning routine and eventually made it out for a long walk (to Rte 1A light and back - 1.0 miles). I picked up the house a bit, then went out to go shopping. First I went to EMS again to look at camping stuff. Then I went up to Kittery Trading Post. I bought a compression sack and two dry sacks that were on sale.

I came home to check up on the dogs, and to stoke the fire. We went out and played a bit, then I was off to Lowes. I had a few more house keys made, then walked over to Target. I got some cereal, and some food for the vacation as well as some travel stuff. On the way out, I saw Mackenzie, Dan, Emerson and Cailan coming in. We chatted at the entrance for 10 minutes or so, then I took off. I headed over to Kohl's to look at a new wallet. I also looked through their 20 racks of clothes on sale 60-90% off. I bought a few nice button-up shirts, a leather jacket for riding my motorcycle ($110 marked down to $22) and a new wallet.

When I got home, I tried out the compression sack with my sleeping bag and checked out my available room in my backpack. Follow this by trips outside with the dogs and most of my day was filled up. I got to talk to Cheryl on Google chat for 15 minutes or so, our video chatting is getting more frequent now that there are less people on station. Seth stopped by during his run to say hi and see how I was doing... he got a chance to say hi to Cheryl through video chat. Afterwards, I went upstairs and did my daily workout, took a shower and relaxed for the rest of the day.

The dogs and I went out for another walk to end the day, only going to Union St. and back (0.7 miles). For the rest of the night, I kinda vegged out on the couch watching TV and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment