Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2/22/11

A new morning, same routine with the pups. The dogs and I got out early, then back in for their breakfast. I had some coffee while surfing the net looking at the pictures that were starting to come in at Christchurch. At the time of the quake, Cheryl had dozens of friends that were still in the City and it will take time to find out if everyone is ok. After being on the computer, I got ready for work, then took the pups for their morning walk. Nothing too exciting happened on the walk and the dogs were good. It was a tough walk though, the temperature had dipped to 9F, I hate taking my gloves off to pick up poop when it is this cold.

We got back to the house and I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, then headed in to work. I continued to work on tasks to complete before my vacation. I also took some time to contact my accommodations for vacation to see what was going on for airlines, rental cars, planned reservations. Still being so early after the quake, everything was still up in the air. At lunch I headed home, played some ball in the backyard with the pups and then made myself a PB&J sandwich. I went back to work and continued with my work as usual.

After work, I went home and let the dogs out, stoked the fire in the wood stove and then played some ball in the yard. We came in and I fed them dinner and then got back on the computer to see if any updates have been posted in New Zealand. I made myself a cheese 'burger' for dinner and ate it while watching the news. I mulled around the house for a bit, checked on flight options to avoid Christchurch, but they all added $1000 to what I already paid for a flight.

At 7:15pm, I took the pups out for the evening walk. It was much warmer than this morning and the dogs were good. Nothing too exciting, as most walks go. We got back in time to watch NCIS with a bowl of chocolate pudding. I watched NCIS-LA afterwards and then went to bed at 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment