Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/14/11

Another morning, same routine. Had the dogs out first thing, then back in for their breakfast. I had some coffee and blogged about the weekend. I was so happy to post that photo of the dogs yesterday, it is among the cutest ever! It was already a warm start to the day, in the low 30s this early in the morning... good things to come. After blogging, I got dressed to take the pups out. We went for a morning walk down the Union St. and back (0.7 miles). I got to try out some new poop bags... yes, that is the most exciting part of the walk for me. The dogs were pretty good. We walked up to a golden (also had a gentle leader on). With the snow banks, it is very difficult to ditch the current route and take an alternate route to avoid confrontations. The dogs did OK, Reece began to bark and pull after the golden started barking. I just didn't have the time to pull out treats to entice Reece (I was wearing my large mitts that don't fit in my pocket).

When we got home, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and surf the information super highway (a.k.a. the internets) for a few more minutes. I went upstairs and got cleaned up for work, got dressed and headed out the door. Work was as usual. Everyone seemed excited for this Hallmark holiday... another excuse to buy a card and flowers. At lunch I went home with the pups, it was hard not to enjoy being outside. Though it was pretty cloudy, it was in the low 50s for the first time in months. The dogs were able to play ball in the yard because the ice had softened up, we stayed out as long as possible. When we went in, I made a ham & cheese with greens and ranch dressing wrap... pretty good. Then I headed back to work.

The rest of the afternoon at work went ok as well. I continued to close out tasks, transitioning to get things complete before my vacation in 2 weeks. I ended up working a bit late in order to get a few things done for first thing tomorrow.

I got home around 5:45pm, Cheryl called as I was walking through the door. I immediately let the dogs out in the yard and we played ball for 15 minutes while talking with Cheryl. It was still above 50F and I didn't want to go in. But I brought the pups in, fed them dinner and finished my conversation with Cheryl. I headed over to EMS to pick up a sleeping pad for our hike. I saw Michael, our neighbor there, we talked for a few minutes. Then I headed over to Shaw's to pick up some food... I can't believe how much more expensive Shaw's is over Hannaford... crazy.

I got back to the house, put the food away and immediately headed out for the evening walk with the dogs. It was 7:30pm, and still 45F... it was great, I didn't even have to wear gloves. We went for a nice long 1.0 mile loop. The dogs seemed to enjoy the longer walk and were pooped when we got back. I made some buffalo 'chicken' tenders and a salad for my dinner and ate it while watching some TV. I finally got to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment