Monday, February 7, 2011

2/6/11

Got up early for a Sunday, took the pups outside and then fed them. I got on the couch and watched some infomercials and tried to get a little more sleep. Finally got up at 7am, had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and made some coffee. At 8:30am I headed over to the gym to play some basketball. As I was getting into my car, I slipped on the icy driveway and landed pretty hard with my back pinned in the door jamb of the car. This is going to be sore today. I made it to basketball and we had enough to play 4-on-4. I had a great time, as usual on sunday's. We didn't play as late as we usually do, everyone was getting ready for the Super Bowl.


I got home and took a shower and played with the pups outside. It felt like shorts weather all day, sunny and 42F... couldn't ask for more. I kinda mulled around the house for a couple more hours, then went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the football party. During basketball, I was invited to go to a friend of Seth's house for the game, I was told he has a pub built into his pool house.


After the grocery store, Jake stopped by. Jake works part time at Yellow Dog's Barn and does dog sitting as well. For an hour, I showed Jake around the house and introduced him to Chance (he already knew Reece from YDB). I am trying to line up sitters for when I am got on vacation. Next I knew I would not make it through the game tonight without a nap, so I took a nice little 2 hour nap with Reece. When I got up, I made my little finger foods as contribution to the party, Seth told me not to bring beer, just put $5 in a jar because this guy has 4 kegs on tap. This is one of those classic, envisioning something and it turning out to be much bigger than you imagine.


At 6pm, I followed Seth to Dennis' house. They guy lived at the end of a cul-de-sac that was used as a parking lot for everyone who came over. When we got down to the pool house, I was amazed. Dennis had a full bar and grille in the pool house with granite counter tops, a restaurant quality grille, flat screen TV's everywhere, portable heaters and 4 kegs on tap. I looked at my cheese & crackers and veggie chips I brought in shame. I had a great time, got to see most everyone that plays basketball and some others that I got to meet at Frank's Turkey Bowl this year.

Dennis also holds few raffles during the game, and wouldn't you know, I won the first prize. This is my luck, I go to something that I wasn't really invited to (invited by a friend of the host) and I win something. I ended up taking home a retro Patriots hoody, very nice. I had a great time, Dennis and his family were very nice and great hosts to a wonderful party. I left a few minutes before the end of the game.




I got home and let the dogs out to for one last outside. Then I watched the post-game action, then went to bed. As I got into bed, I had to take a picture of Chance, who tried his best to fit his entire body on a small area of the bed, so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment