Sunday, February 20, 2011

2/19/11

Got up this saturday morning just like all others. Took the pups outside and then fed them breakfast. Put in a load of laundry and had some coffee while surfing the net. Next I sat back in front of the TV and watched the 2nd half to a movie I tried to watch last night. I finished it, and put the DVD out for the mailman. Next I took the pups on a morning walk (0.7 miles) to Union St. and back. It was a bit cold, mostly because of the gusting wind. I mulled around the house a bit longer, then went out shopping.


First I stopped off at Bank of America and finally closed my checking account there. I noticed they started charging me $9/mo. for that account, it was my last account with them. Then I went up to Kittery Trading Post to get some nylon straps, also picked up some SmartWool socks, and a few misc. items for my trip. Next I went to Kohl's and returned the leather jacket I bought last week. After wearing it a few times, it really was too big, I needed a smaller size. Since they only had large sizes, I just got my money back. Then I went to Pet Quarters and got the dogs some more food.

When I got home, it was noon. I made a PB&J for lunch and took the dogs in the backyard. It has gotten really icy back there again, and the dogs don't like to play ball on ice. We came in, I made some cheese and crackers and watched some TV, falling asleep multiple times (so did the pups). At 3:30pm, the pups and I went for a nice long walk. We did our 1.0 mile loop near the funeral home. It was such a great day, sunny and beautiful, but windy. When we got back, I decided to do a few things around the house I've been meaning to get to.

I climbed up to the 3rd floor loft and took out the filters to the Venmar, brought them down and cleaned them. Later I put the back up, while in that area, I changed out the battery to the smoke/carbon monoxide detector. Next I started re-typing the Dog Notes I leave for the people dog sitting. At 5pm, Cheryl called on the video chat. We talked for 30 minutes or so, during which I fed the dogs their dinner. Cheryl now has 4 days left on the ice! Can't wait to see her. After talking, I made some ravioli for dinner and ate upstairs in front of the TV. I am assuming that once Cheryl gets back, my TV watching will be reduced substantially.

For the rest of the night, I continued to work on getting things ready for my backpacking trip. I have the two sleeping bags airing out. I have my two sleeping pads blown up, trying to decide which one to take. Trying to find the right clothes to bring, I don't want to carry too much, plus I am trying to keep my luggage to carry-on only.


Finally I passed out on the couch around 9pm, woke up around 11pm and turned off all the lights. I decided to try and sleep on the couch to see if that helps my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment