Friday, February 18, 2011

2/17/11

Got up this morning with the dogs and did our typical routine of taking them outside, back in for breakfast and blogging about the previous day. Afterwards, I took the garbage and recycling out. It took almost 2 months to accumulate enough garbage to fill a bag to put out. This is usually ok for the winter months, but during the summer the garbage has to go out more often because it starts stinking pretty good. Next, the dogs and I went for our morning walk to Union St. and back (0.7 miles). I think these walks are counter-productive for Chance... he just eats ice cubes off the ground the entire time, so whatever he pees, he more than makes up for in ice.

We got back to the house and I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then got ready for work. I didn't start a fire in the wood stove today because it is suppose to be warm and sunny. I headed out a little early, just because. Work is the same, nothing too exciting to really talk about. I am pretty busy, but mostly because I am getting things in place before I leave for vacation. At lunch, I headed into town and met up with Seth at Me & Ollie's. What a beautiful day, 54F and sunny, we decided to take our sandwiches outside and eat on one of the benches. Couldn't ask for a better day. I had a great time talking with Seth, we walked midway over the Memorial Bridge. But, as all good things must come to an end, my cubicle awaited my return. On the way back to work, I stopped in at the house and played with the pups outside for 10 minutes.

When I got back to work, I continued to finish up o few things, similar to the morning. At 5pm, I headed home and took the pups right outside, it was still 49F and some sun left in the sky. We played for almost 20 minutes, then I fed them dinner. I put a load of laundry in, then talked to Cheryl on the phone for almost 40 minutes. Afterwards, I made my dinner, ravioli and sauce and some crackers and cheese. I finished eating around 7:30pm, time for the dogs evening walk. We did the down and back (0.7 miles), everything went well. When we got back, I watched an hour or so of TV, falling asleep on the couch. I woke up around midnight, turned everything off and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment