Monday, February 21, 2011

2/20/11

Sunday morning means basketball! Dogs woke me up at the regular time (5:45am), I took them out an fed them breakfast, then went back to sleep for another hour. When I finally got up, I had some coffee and wrote in my blog. Next I started to get ready for basketball. Before I got too far, I took the pups out for our morning walk to Union St. and back (0.7 miles). There were a couple close encounters, but we were able to avoid all the dogs on the walk. When we got home, I finished getting ready for basketball and headed to the gym.

We had a really good turnout this week, we had 13 guys show up! We played a first game of 5-on-5, then split it up to have two games going with 3-on-3, doing a mini tournament of 3 games. For the last game, we went back to the 5-on-5. I misses a ton of layups and easy shots, but I think I did pretty well on the rebounds and defense.

After basketball, I came home and took a shower, then laid down on the couch to get a nap in. I must have napped for 2 hours. I think I use as much energy during basketball as I do during a half marathon... I'm usually wreaked for the next 24 hours. At 3pm, I took the pups for a nice 1.0 mile walk. I usually shy away from letting the pups meet other dogs on the walk (while I am alone), but I saw a puppy border collie heading right at us and I had to stop and see him. It was a 6 month old male, so adorable. Chance was being a jerk because it was a boy, Reece was playful, but starting to get a little aggressive. Anyway, I had my puppy fix, and immediately sent a picture to Cheryl to brag about the meeting.

After the walk, Jake stopped by to get a house key and see the pups. We talked for 20 minutes or so. Next I went off to Target, I bought some more cereal and some swedish fish for Dennis. Then I went over to the grocery store and got some staples for the next week. I got home around 4:30pm and watched the end of the Daytona 500. If NASCAR is wonder why people are stopping watching this sport, just look at the 'overtime finish' and the freezing the field at caution. I can't stand this green-white-checker idea, I know they limit it to 3 times, but you are almost guaranteed a crash in the last 2 laps... let the guys race back to the finish line like the sport was intended. It really sucks that someone who is 20th causes an accident and the fans get jipped out of a good exciting finish. There is my rant for Nascar.

Next I fed the dogs and then took them in the backyard for a bit. When we came in, I made dinner for myself and watched some more tv. I fell asleep again around 6:30pm, waking up at 8pm, just in time for animation domination! Unfortunately, I fell asleep again and missed it. I woke up at 10pm and turned off everything and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment