Thursday, February 10, 2011

2/9/11

Mid week, so exciting. I got up with the dogs and we did our morning routine. After blogging, I got cleaned up and dressed to take the pups for our first morning walk in 4 weeks. I know this is going to be confusing poor little Chance. He is a dog of schedules and routine. The walk went pretty well, the dogs were good, we walked down to Union St. and back (.75miles). At one point Reece stopped walking and lifted up her paw as if she was hurt. Only I found some one's discarded lollipop stuck to her paws. After removing it, we proceeded as normal. When we got home, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and got completely ready to head to work.

I got to work 15 minutes early and began my day. The day was filled with challenges. Things seemed to get more and more difficult throughout the day. I did my best to make corrective actions and find closure to most of the issues. At lunch I went over to Herbert's with Dennis. As we sat down, Aaron came in, so we encouraged him to join us. I had the chicken parm on spaghetti. We talked a bit about things outside of work, which was a good thing. Afterwards, Dennis and Aaron went back to work and I headed into town. I stopped off at the Post Office to pick up a mammoth box from Cheryl. Then I stopped off at the house to let the dogs out, drop off the package and to stoke the fire. Next I got back to work and finished off the afternoon closing out items on my checklist.

At 5:30pm, I headed home and let the dogs right out. We played ball for a few minutes, but the backyard has turned to ice, so they don't really enjoy ball time. I brought them in, fed them dinner then talked with Cheryl on the phone. She gets off the ice in 2 weeks! And I get to meet up with her 3 weeks from tomorrow! After our phone conversation, I did my back stretching workout upstairs... with the help of the dogs of course. Next I made myself a breaded chicken dinner. Complete with veggie medley, cottage cheese, and a side pickle. I understand that this mix of food may not be for everyone, but it was great. After cleaning up, it was time to take the pups out for their evening walk.

We went down to Union St. and back (0.75miles) and it was pretty uneventful. The dogs were great and the cold temps (22F) weren't too bad. Chance is now stopping every two feet to pick up ice cubes. For a bit he was walking with a giant chunk of ice in his mouth like he does with sticks some times. When we got back, I popped in season 2 of The IT Crowd on the DVD from Netflix. It was weird, Netflix had season 1, 3 and 4 streaming, but season 2 only available on DVD. I ended up falling asleep during one of the episodes. I woke up around 11:45pm, and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment