Thursday, February 3, 2011

2/2/11

Snow snow snow snow snow... I could go on. Got up this morning as usual with the dogs. We did our morning routine. As you may have noticed, the dogs and I have stopped doing our walks. This is for two reasons, one is that Chance, or as he sometimes goes by his native american name 'tender paws' doesn't like the snow or salt on his paws. The other reason is that with so many snow storms so close together, the City can't keep the sidewalks clear to use. For now, the pups will have to deal with playing in the backyard, which is a solid 2-1/2 feet of snow. And when I say solid, I mean, that is the packed down areas.

Anyway, on with my day. After bringing the pups in, they had breakfast and I had some coffee and blogged. Next I got dressed and put on snow pants. I let the pups in the backyard while I shoveled what fell overnight. This is in anticipation of another 12"+ today, which I don't feel like shoveling all at once. As I got a good portion done, I went in the backyard and played ball with the pups for about 10 minutes, made them go to the bathroom, then brought them in. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, got cleaned up and headed to work.

Though I had brought my laptop home in hopes of working from home, I figured I might as well go in, plus I had 3 meetings today. When I got to work, it was a ghost town, there were only 8 people that made it in, I'm so glad I only live 1.8 miles away. As expected, the meetings were canceled due to low turnout. The day was pretty productive, and quiet. At lunch I went home to play ball with the dogs. I initially let them outside in the backyard while I shoveled the driveway nearest the road. This at least got rid of the city plow hump left earlier. Next I played ball for about 15 minutes with the dogs. We came in and I heated up some 'chicken' nuggets for lunch. Afterwards, I headed back to work for the afternoon. The rest of the day was pretty similar to the morning, very quiet.

When I got home after work, I put the dogs out in the backyard and continued shoveling. Both Paul and Dexter were out shoveling there driveways too, we had a good laugh of frustration about the whole thing. Finally after 45 minutes I finished the driveway and then played with the pups in the backyard. As I brought them in for dinner, the plow guy went by and made a nice mound at the entrance to my driveway again. I quickly got out there and took it out within 15 minutes. Finally, get inside and relax, not that it is close to 7pm.

I made some more of the 3 cheese tortellini from last night for dinner. I settled in on the couch and watched my latest Netflix movie. At 8:30pm, I took the pups out for another round of ball and bathroom. Came back in, watched some more TV and climbed into bed around 10pm with a sore back, but with a warm puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment