Monday, December 13, 2010

12/11/10

Saturday morning. The pups let me sleep in a bit. I wanted to get a few things done around the house this weekend. One big thing is to get shades on the upstairs windows. Since I have been doing workouts upstairs, I have been putting bed sheets over the windows for privacy. Last year I put shades in half my windows, it cost over $250, so I have bee waiting to shade all the others.

I made a fire in the wood stove to get the house back up to temp. The dogs and I went for our 1.0 mile morning walk, nothing too exciting happened, just the usual walk. When we got back I made some french toast and morning sausages for breakfast, did a little looking online for things then got dressed to get the day moving. I went to Home Depot to purchase some shades, but their cutter was broken so they couldn't do custom sizes. I went over to Lowe's to see what they had. The brands were different, and they would have clashed. I did have them price out shade for our odd sized windows (48"w x 24"h)... $117 ea!!!! Those will have to wait.

So, I went home empty handed. Got home and played in the yard with the pups and grazed on food for the rest of the day. At some point I sat down and watched some TV. Around 4pm, I got the upstairs ready and did my workout for about an hour. I took a shower and got cleaned up. I fed the pups their dinner and made a mac & cheese, adding cut up bits of chicken sausage left over from the other night. The pups and I went out for our evening 1.0 mile walk, just before the rain arrived. Poor Chance, he picked up a stick near the end of our walk but couldn't find a good place to hide it before getting to the house. He had to deal with leaving it at the base of the steps in the driveway.

The rest of the night the dogs and I cuddled up on the couch to watch TV, finally getting to bed around 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment