Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/26/10

Sunday morning at the Parker house. Vicki, Tim and I went out to their neighborhood for breakfast... scratch that, it was brunch. In their neighborhood, places don't open for breakfast until 11am, it is a brunch neighborhood. This place had some bite size samples of some of their plates, but I also had a waffle, yummy. Tim dropped me back off at Jim and Cece's and I hung out with the pups for awhile.

At some point in the afternoon, Jamie came over to visit. We were all sitting in the front room watching TV when some kid knocked on the door. Since Reece and Star (Jamie's dog) made a b-line for the door, I went over and grabbed Reece to bring her in the back of the house. At some point, Jamie opened the door and somehow Chance slipped past. Next thing I know Jim and Jamie are yelling at Chance outside. I grabbed my shoes and a leash and ran after. Chance was making a run for Montrose Ave. Somehow, Jamie was able to catch Chance while he stopped to pee. I can't believe it, another couple hundred feet and he would have been toast. It is one thing for Chance to get away in Barrington, but it is my biggest fear in Portsmouth and Chicago. Poor Chance wouldn't make it. I caught up to them and put a leash on the boy and we walked him back to the house. I still don't know what that kid wanted, but he took off when we ran after the dog.

Needless to say, when we got back to the house, the room was pretty quiet. After Jamie left, I played with the pups in the backyard a bit. At some point Jamie came back over with his kids and I took the pups in the basement until they left. The rest of the day was a bit tough, I think everyone was a little upset. I understand this could have happened to anyone, so I don't blame Jamie for Chance getting out, I just wish he didn't think he is always in control of every situation. I know I am not in control all the time, so I look for signs of a bad situation and try my best to avoid.

For the rest of the night, I stayed with the pups in the house. Vicki was sending me messages about getting the karaoke videos up on Facebook... looks like I was having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment