Friday, December 17, 2010

12/16/10

Another fantastic morning with the dogs. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy waking up to them. Then being thrusted from a nice warm bed to the great cold outdoors. Some may say it is invigorating, not me. Anyway, the temp read 16F when we started our morning routine. After feeding the dogs, I had some nice warm coffee while blogging. Next came getting dressed for work, heading out with the pups for our 1.0 mile loop. After getting moving around, the chill outside wasn't so unbearable. The walk went well and we all had a good time. When we got home, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, got cleaned up and headed into work.

As usual, work was pretty much the same. Since Aaron is in Nashville at the site, I actually had a lot less to do for that project. Though Aaron identified the contractor making another mistake that needed corrective action while inspecting on site. It has been probably 2 months, but Dennis ran the Xin Ping bell today. I have to admit, it took me a full hour of mental arguments before my will broke down and I ordered some. I had the honey chicken lunch deal. Midway through the lunch break, I headed home and played with the dogs in the backyard.

I noticed that our neighbor's to the left (Michael and Knate), their friend were moving into the apartment next door. I am somewhat happy about this because the people that lived there before was a single mom with 3 kids. I know it is difficult raising 3 kids on your own, but the kids would constantly launch things over the fence, then come in our backyard to find it. The worst was that the kids would throw chicken bones into our backyard. I'm sure they thought the dogs would like it, but not the best for a dog. Anyway, hopefully I will get to meet the new neighbors at some point.

After lunch, headed back to work where I continued to work. Nothing spectacular happened in the afternoon, so I will skip to after work. I made it home, started a fire in the wood stove, let the dogs outside and played ball until Chance demanded to go in. I fed them their dinner, then got my upstairs ready for my workout. Cheryl call from Antarctica, so we chatted for almost 30 minutes. She is sad because yesterday a bunch of people she made friends with left. That is why it is my policy to not make friends, it's easier.

After talking with Cheryl, I did my workout routine upstairs. Today was a recovery day, so I mostly did stretching and deep muscle exercises. I put everything away, then talked with Aaron on the phone. He didn't make his flight out of Nashville, took over 2 hours to get through security. So our day of surveying tomorrow will be postponed. Next, the dogs and I went out for our 1.0 mile evening walk. I was surprise, even though it was 25F out, I was quite comfortable and warm all bundled up. The walk went fine, nothing interesting to report. When we got back, I had a package on the front step.

I had got a new vacuum! Now this one is not replacing the old one which died during the last basement flood. This is a cordless unit that I can use to quickly pick up the clumps of dog hair throughout the house. I know I am being lazy because I could just sweep, but I can't stand sending all the dust into the air while sweeping. Since this was $35, I figure I would give this a try before making the leap to a Roomba. I figure I will wait for Cheryl to get back before making the purchase of a new plug-in vacuum.

After checking out the vacuum, the dogs and I went upstairs to watch a little TV. I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but I woke up to Jay Leno. So I turned off the TV and headed to bed. The nice and warm comforts of the bed.

1 comment: