Sunday, December 19, 2010

12/17/10

Another end to the work week, which means pastries at work. The dogs and I got up and went outside, then back in for their breakfast. I sat with some coffee and blogged. That is really the most excitement that I get in the morning, pretty dull. Once I posted the previous day's blog, I got dressed and took the pups for their morning walk. Luckily I am getting use to the cold mornings. We had two days last week where the morning temp was in the high 40's or low 50's, that makes it so much worse for the rest of the days. I can say I am finally used to the high teens and low 20's... but please don't get any colder.

The morning 1.0 mile walk was pretty much the same as usual. The only thing that changes is the number of kids walking to school. If it is above 25F, there is probably 30 kids, below 25F and it goes down to maybe 4 or 5. Unfortunately, one kid is always out, no matter how cold. Wouldn't you know it has to be the kid on the skateboard. Chance really doesn't like this kid. This time the kid came very close to us and Chance almost got a piece of the board. The question is, is this kid bright enough to stay away now, or will it encourage him to try and get closer?

Anyway, back at the house, I got ready for work, then headed out the door at 7:45am. I was suppose to get down to Dorchester to survey with Aaron, but because he got stuck in Nashville, it will be an office day for me. And what an office day it was. One of our employees decided to bring in donuts for everyone (at the expense of the company), somehow there was confusion because someone else was asked by management to get Dunkin Donuts for everyone as well. This is not the first time we have had a double order of donuts on a friday. Because of this predicament, I tried to do the best I could to take one (or three) for the team.

I had a morning meeting about the Nashville job, then pretty much the rest of the day was like normal. Because I had a half day today, I worked an extra hour through lunch to get a good step ahead on some shop drawing reviews. At 1pm, I left for the day. On the way home, I dropped off my big blue puffy jacket to the tailor for a new zipper. I broke the zipper last year right at the bottom. This year I have been wearing the jacket, but with an additional coat over it that zips up. Hopefully it will be as good as new on tuesday. Next I went home and let the dogs out to play in the backyard. I started a fire in the wood stove, then played some ball with the dogs.

Next we piled into the car and headed to the bank to deposit a check, then over to T-mobile to try and find a car charger for my phone (too packed so I left), then over to Target to return some things. When we got back to the house I went upstairs and did my workout while the pups watched. I took a shower, then back outside with the dogs for some more ball. I fed the pups a little early (4:30pm), then made myself a late lunch, early dinner. I heated up my left over Xin Ping and played on the internet for about an hour.

Next I went upstairs and put in my latest Netflix movie and sat down to relax. About 3/4 through the movie, my stomach was letting me know it did not like the reheated Xin Ping... Reece had a hard time snuggling on my stomach listening to all the gurgling. After the movie, the dogs and I went out for a short walk around the block. When we got back, we watched a little more TV, then climbed into bed around 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment