Thursday, December 16, 2010

12/15/10

Midway through the month of December, how exciting. This morning I was greeted by Reece as usual. We went outside first thing, back in for their breakfast and I had coffee while writing in my blog. Next I got dressed and we went out for our morning walk. It was a chilling 20F when we left the house, but it didn't feel too cold. The dogs were good, they were happy as clams. Nothing too exciting happened and we made it back to the house a little early. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and went online for a few minutes.

At 7:45am, I headed off to work. I was able to get the Alaska conceptual drawings completed for Chris in the morning and off my desk. The rest of the day I worked on multiple projects and continued field issues with our Nashville job. At lunch I went home and played with the dogs int he yard for 10 minutes, then went upstairs and did my workout program, took a shower and back outside with the pups. I just had a banana and some crackers for lunch. On the way back to work I stopped off at DD for a vanilla chia. Normally I don't get DD food or drinks, but I got a $10 gift card from the Toyota dealership awhile back, so I'm trying to use it up.

The rest of the afternoon at work went fine, I had a teleconference meeting with the project team for our NC job. Most of the team is on-site. After work, Matt and I went out for some dinner at the Gas Light Co. We had some chicken wings for apps and BBQ chicken pizza. It was a lot of fun to talk with Matt outside of work, though we seemed to talk about work a lot. Unfortunately, I am not a very interesting person. Since my life revolves around work or my dogs, when I talk to people, they get to hear about my work or my dogs.

I got back home around 7:45pm, immediately fed the dogs then took them out for a walk. About a quarter mile into the walk, I realized I forgot to grab poop bags. Of course I realized this as Reece was going. So we rushed back to the house, got bags and headed back out. On the way I picked up Reece's first load. We didn't do the entire 1.0 mile loop because of the first attempt, and I think the dogs were happy about that (at least I was). When we got home, I grabbed the mail and found that we got the 2011 Emergency Evacuation calendar, woohoo! This calendar gives emergency routes for if the nuclear plant blows. Which for us is an interesting task. Our route is to head to Maine over the bridge that is intermittently closed (50/50 chance of it being closed) due to repairs. Not to mention that we are within the first 30 miles and probably toast before we can get to our cars anyway. But, its a free calendar! Turned on the TV and watch for about an hour then headed for bed.

1 comment: