Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12/6/10

The cold weather is here, 23F this morning. Woke up, did the standard morning routine with the pups. It was 60F in the house, I really don't want to go out and deal with the cold... the dogs agree that we should move to Florida. I sat down and blogged a bit while having some coffee. Next, the pups and I had a little time to sit on the couch for some pets. I did some morning stretches and push-ups. It has been over 3 months since I stopped doing my back exercises, and I think I better start them up again.

At 6:45am, the dogs and I went out for our 1.0 mile walk. By then it had warmed up 2 degrees. The dogs were good and nothing too exciting happened. Got back to the house and got ready for work, made myself an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. At work, I continued on with a few action items that I had left over from last week. Nothing of great interest happened throughout the morning. I went home for lunch and played some ball with the dogs in the backyard. I made another taco, finally using up the last of the taco meat from poker night! The rest of the afternoon at work was pretty much the same, nothing too exciting going on.

After work, I headed home and played with the pups outside for 15 minutes, brought them in for dinner, I had a yogurt to tide me over. Next I talked with Cheryl for 20 minutes on the phone, she is excited because a certain scientist who had been very creepy around her is finally leaving. I did enjoy hearing her stories of all these 'highly educated' (Phd's)... walking around the station with fully concentrated hydrochloric acid and not know it's dangerous. I asked Cheryl if she is allowed to ask the scientists to their face if they are stupid.

After our conversation, I took the pups our for an early walk, we did the 0.6 mile loop. When we got back, I got ready for tonight's post-season basketball game in Maine. Got dressed, packed a bag and off I went. Unfortunately, we only had four guys to play 4-on-4... no breaks, no subs. We were also playing probably the best team. We were down 12-2 within the first 2 minutes, but held our own until halftime only being down by 10. The second half fell apart, we had some good 2 or 3 minute time frames, but eventually lost by 30. Tough loss, but at least it was fun.

Afterwards we went over to Sam's house in Maine to watch the Pats game. I got to meet Sam's wife and the four of us guys watched the dismantling of the Jet for 3 quarters. We all took off at 10:50pm. I got home, let the dogs out one last time, then watched the remainder of the game... 45-3 shellacking. Crawled into bed at midnight, tomorrow is going to be rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment