Monday, December 13, 2010

12/12/10

Sunday! I got up early to get the day rolling. The dogs and I went outside first thing, then I fed them breakfast while I had a bowl of cereal and coffee. I took them out for their morning 1.0 mile walk, which was an adventure. It had rained overnight, then the temperatures dropped to below freezing. The sidewalks were like skating rinks. I just had the dogs pull me like sled dogs. We were almost hit my the lady who delivers newspapers (we see her every morning). Apparently she is allowed to do U-turns at every intersection and pedestrians in the crosswalks have to give way to her. I was seriously surprised that she yelled at me and the dogs while we were in a crosswalk (slipping all over the place too.).

We finished our walk and I got ready for basketball. 15 minutes before basketball, almost everyone backed out. I gave Jeff and Alexis a call to let the know. I headed over just in case and found out Nick was there, so we spent about 1.5 hours shooting around hoping to get more people to play a 3-on-3 or something. The game never materialized, so we headed out. I got home and changed into street clothes, loaded the pups up in the car and headed to the Home Depot in North Hampton. I got three window shades (2 for the dinning room and 1 for the loft near the fireplace). On our way home, I stopped off at Fresh Market to inquire about those Ian's Buffalo Chicken Nuggets again. I put in an order request, I may get more than I bargained for. I may have to by two cases... how many are in a gross???

We got home and I had a banana and yogurt for lunch, I did some of my old back exercises that I stopped doing a few months back. Then I went over to Lowe's and Target. I actually never made it into Lowe's, I picked up some Christmas gifts at Target as well as some food and a few ideas for window treatments of the loft windows. When I got home I played with the dogs in the backyard, which is turning into a mud pit, definitely time to bring in some more wood chips. While watching some football, I installed the one window shade in the loft and temporarily installed the shades for the south facing windows in the loft and bedroom. I cleaned up my mess and then headed downtown.

Seth was preaching today at church, so I wanted to go see him. I showed up a little late, but made it to hear his message. I had a good time and it was good to see and hear Seth. Most of the guys on the basketball team were there, I even got updates as to the Pat-Bears score. Jim, if you read this, sorry the Pats dismantled the Bear at home... they can't help being that good. I got home to watch the second half. When I got home, I noticed Chance had found the Netflix DVD, eating the envelope once again. Looks like I will have to call them again and get the address to ship the DVD to. Though I was upset at him, I still fed the pups their dinner. I made a pizza for dinner, took it down with some beer. At some point I fell asleep on the couch, waking up at 8pm to take the dogs out on their evening walk. It was a good walk, though I was a bit upset at the sideways spraying rain. It was quite gusty and not very pleasant. We settled in for the night and I went to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment