Saturday, December 4, 2010

12/3/10

Pastry day friday! I got up with the dogs and we continued on with our morning routine. Made some coffee, took the pups outside, back in for breakfast, sit down with the coffee to write in my blog. This morning though was a bit different since I am prepping for the poker game tonight.

I cooked up some ground beef in the morning for tacos. It was Cheryl's idea to cook up some food earlier and just finish cooking as people arrive. The rest of the morning I went around and picked up the house, trying to clean as best as possible. Then the dogs and I went out for our morning walk, the 1.0mile loop. When we got back, I continued picking up things in the basement and by-passed the cereal.

Work was pretty much the same as usual, except for the fantastic pastries brought in by Lynda. At lunch I went home to play with the pups in the backyard. I also took the opportunity to try and vacuum the couches. Unfortunately, an item that represents Cheryl and my love may have finally kicked the bucket. The vacuum was a wedding gift, over 8 years ago now. The vacuum was let on the basement floor, and suffered in the flooded basement a couple weeks ago. I tried to let it dry out, using it for the first time since the flood. This vacuum has lived through hundreds of attacks from the dogs (missing much of its front plate due to these attacks), a ripped power cord and other numerous minor catastrophes. But I think it finally had it with the last flood. But since Cheryl is a master of bringing dead electronics back to life, I have confidence that she can fix it when she gets back. So in the mean time, I vow to not clean the house.

After cleaning a bit more, and using my little handheld vacuum to get the dog hair out of the couch, I made a ham & cheese sandwich which I ate while playing ball with the dogs. Next I was back off to work, not a whole lot to talk about. After work I stopped off at the store for some fresh sour cream, then home to get ready for poker night. Aaron came by early to help me prepare. We had everything ready about 15 minutes before people were to arrive, so we played with the dogs out in the yard until people showed up. I put the pups in the basement and then the party began.

We had Aaron, Jeff, Alexis, Seth, Nick, Sam, Tyler, and Frank. The tacos were a success, I think I had a pretty good spread of munchies as well. Tyler brought some canolies that his wife made that were great. Slowly people started to leave, but we got a second wind when Chris came by around 11pm. The games ended around 12:30am after Chris started betting on everything, betting on bets. Anyway, a quick cleanup to get the food out of the dogs reach, then a late night (or early morning) walk with the dogs... in bed at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment