Monday, December 20, 2010

12/19/10

An early sunday morning. Got up with the pups and did our weekday morning routine so that I would be able to get to basketball by 9am. The pups were great on our morning walk, though Chance is still going through his 'pick up everything off the ground and eat it phase'. I hope this phase ends soon, I can only stop him from so much. Though, Reece decided to take part this morning. She actually found a chicken bone midway through our 1.0 mile loop. I didn't yell 'chicken bone' as I usually do, but I was a bit slower than normal getting my hand down her throat because I had mits on. All is well though and the remainder of the walk was fine.

When we got back, I got my stuff together and went to the gym to play some basketball. We played 3 games of 3-on-3 on the small court, then a full court 4-on-4. I stopped playing after 1:45, getting home just at 11am. I took the dogs out in the backyard and we played ball for 20 minutes. When we came in, I started a fire in the wood stove, then took a shower and got cleaned up. Next I did a little construction work in order to make a bed in the car in preparation for the trip to Chicago. Hopefully it will work fine. I made a flat platform in the back, and by sliding the front seats up, I get a little more than 6 feet of lay down space. This will come in handy when I need a break from driving, I can nap while Chance drives.

At 1pm, I made some buffalo chicken tenders and headed upstairs to watch some football. Pretty much for the next few hours I didn't leave the couch, I needed the rest after playing basketball. Each half-time and end of game I went outside with the pups to play ball for 10-15 minutes. At 7pm, the dogs and I went for our evening 1.0 mile walk. It was interesting this evening, as I passed the funeral home on Broad St., I heard power saws coming from the basement. Now, I don't want to speculate, but it was pretty creepy. I'm sure someone was just making a picture frame or something down there. The rest of the walk was not as creepy, and the dogs were great.

When we got back, I had a bowl of cereal for dinner and sat down to watch the Patriots game. I hate it when they play the night games because it doesn't start until after 8pm. Anyway, I made it to the start of the 4th quarter. Watching the Pats defense was agonizing, I turned the TV off as the Packers got to the goal line. I took the pups outside for their last 'outside' and headed to bed. As a side note, I'm excited to see after I turned off the TV and went to bed, the Pats came back to win, I must be bad luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment