Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/27/10

Last day at the Parker house. Cece went to work this morning, and Tim and Vic were also at work. I got up and played ball with the pups in the backyard for a bit. At some point, Chance and Clover knocked heads. Clover looked fine, but stopped playing and headed for the door. So we went in and relaxed a bit. I told Jim to keep an eye on Clover because of the accident. Jim went out a few times to run some errands for Cece (they are heading to Nashville in the morning).

Mid morning, Clover started to look worse and seemed to be out of it. Jim took her into the vet to get her checked out. Poor Clover had a mild concussion, the vet gave her some eye drops and a shot. When they came back it was time for the Brown's (Clover, Zoey & Star) dinner, so the Black & Whites (Reece and Chance) and I hopped in the car to head to the Chinese hot dog stand. Perfect opportunity to get out of the house and take part in the best part of Chicago, the hot dogs! I brought back some Jim and we sat in the back eating. Next we transitioned to the front room to watch a little TV and I fell asleep for a mid afternoon nap.

Later, I packed up all my stuff and loaded most of it in the car for the trip back. I was planning on leaving early tomorrow morning in order to make the trip all in one day. Vicki and Tim came over after work and we all had dinner together 'Like a Family'. This was the last night at the Parker house. It was fun, exciting, entertaining, with a few downers thrown in to. But I can't thank Cece and Jim enough for allowing me and my pups to come into their house and tear it all apart. It is almost impossible to Reece & Chance proof a house (Cheryl and I have been trying for 6 years and they still get into stuff), and to have Jim & Cece not get upset at me or the pups, it was more than I could ask for.

I will also miss hanging with Vicki and Tim. Though I need to spend more time with Tim, it was great seeing him. By the way, we really belted out some great duo hits on the karaoke machine, soon to be a YouTube virus... I mean viral hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment