Sunday, December 19, 2010

12/18/10

A beautiful saturday morning, at least that's what the dogs said to me to get my butt out of bed. It was still pretty cold, the house temp got down to 58F over night. So, first thing was to start a fire in the wood stove, then we went outside for a few minutes for the dogs to do their thing. They came in and I fed them breakfast. I skipped blogging in favor of playing around on the internet. After an hour on the internet, and eating my bowl of cereal for breakfast, I got dressed and decided to take the pups on a nice long walk.

We went for a 2.0 mile loop downtown to see what was going on. It was such a nice and sunny day, it would have killed me not to walk further. It was the first time in a couple months that I have taken the pups downtown, it felt great to have them walking around, plus I could finally see the completion of the State St. construction. When we got back to the house, it was cleaning time. I cleaned both the bathrooms, top to bottom, then vacuumed the house. I used the little cordless vacuum for the first time, it worked really well. Considering the fact that I hadn't swept the house since the poker night, there were hair balls the size of large cats everywhere. The little vacuum handled them very well. I had to empty the thing often, but if I vacuum a little bit every few days, it should work out better. Plus the battery lasted long enough for me to vacuum the entire house.

Next I decide to wrap some presents upstairs while watching the TV. This may have been a mistake because I got only two presents wrapped and fell asleep for a nap while watching TV. I also indulged in eating half a bag of veggie straws as my lunch. After watching a second movie, I decided I had to get up and make use of this beautiful day, I put on my running clothes foe the first time in 5 weeks and went out for a 3.0 mile run. It felt great to get back out there, I really love my loop that I run. When I got back, I played with the pups in the backyard for 20 minutes while I cooled down. Next I took a shower and got dressed again. We played a little more ball in the yard, then I fed the pups their dinner.

I did some research online for a bit longer, had a 30 minute video chat with Cheryl, then made myself dinner. I tried a shrimp and pesto pasta thing that looked good. I don't know, it tasted fine, but for the 540 calories, I expected a bit more. After I ate, the dogs and I went out for an early walk, we did our 1.0 mile loop. Nothing exciting happened, so we just got home and re-positioned ourselves on the couch upstairs. It was a couch full of snuggling, I couldn't believe it. Chance was the first one to snuggle, then Reece came up. This is big because Chance never sniggles with me on the couch, it was a big step for him. We watched a little TV, I watched some more TV online from what I missed last week. Finished up around 11:30pm and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment