Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/29/10

Ahhh, finally catching up on my blog entries. Yesterday was an interesting day. I got up and did the typical morning routine with the dogs. I started a fire in the wood stove to get things warm again in the house. I dragged my butt around the house, slowly putting things away from the trip to Chicago. I went through the large amounts of mail, including a package from Dawn, Tom, Emma and Molly. They sent us a card and some gifts. I will have to take a picture and send to Cheryl at some point today.

Next I made an effort to clear the driveway of snow. It took longer than I had expected and I took plenty of breaks. I came in for some coffee and had breakfast around 10am. Next I through in a load of laundry and went outside to play with the dogs. Looks as if we had some serious wind because some large tree limbs came down. I cut them up with a hand saw and put them over with the rest of the burnable wood. At around 11am, it was time to head out to the malls. I needed to take back something to Best Buy. I bought a car charger for my cell phone while in Chicago... well I tried to use in on the ride back to NH, but it didn't work. After returning the item, I browsed the store and picked up a couple more items.

After leaving the store, I was in the parking lot and got rear-ended. It wasn't too bad, certainly the damage didn't look too bad. We exchanged info and talked to their insurance guy on the spot. I drove the car home to get everything out of it and headed over to the Honda dealership. The car ran really rough, definitely something wrong underneath. I dropped it off at Honda, the other person's insurance adjuster was already there, I got a loaner (another CR-V) and left. I got back to the house and continued on with my day, playing with the pups, cleaning up the house, putting things away, doing more laundry, etc.

At around 5:30pm, I got a call from the dealership and the adjuster. They determined that there was major frame damage and the rear suspension was damaged too. It was close to being totalled, and I told them I preferred it would be totalled. After Cece's accident that should have totalled her car, they fixed it and it doesn't feel safe to drive. So at 6pm, I got to talk to Cheryl and we talked a bit about a car. It seems I made the mistake of not involving her in the CR-V purchase decision, so I was going to learn from my mistake and try not to do it again. I only have the rental car paid for for a few days, so I will have to make up my mind on short notice.

Oh please, have this vacation end soon, I don't think I can take much more of this. Looks like I will be spending at least one of my days looking for a new car. After talking to Cheryl, I popped in my latest Netflix and settled in with the dogs on the couch. At 8:30pm, the pups and I went for a nice walk. We cut it short because of Mr. Chance's paws. Because of the blizzard, they are dumping huge amounts of salt on the sidewalks again, here comes the joy of walking Tender Paws. We got back to the house and I had some 'chicken' nuggets for dinner, watched a little more TV, then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment