Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12/13/10

Start to another week, the dogs and I got up and went about our normal routine of going outside, back in for breakfast, some coffee while writing the blog. I spent more time on the blog this morning because I had 3 days to make up. Then I took a shower, got dressed and headed out the door with the pups for the morning walk. We did our 1.0 mile loop. It was great because we threaded the needle between rain storms, but got to take advantage of the 51F temperature. Beyond that, nothing too exciting happened during the walk. We got home, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then headed to work.

Work was pretty much the same today, though we had a new electrical engineer start. The work day was pretty normal, seems like new things keep coming up making completion of scheduled tasks that much harder. I did get in the mail a temporary license to practice engineering in Massachusetts, while the board reviews my application. At lunch I went home and played int he backyard with the pups. I made a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch with some veggie chips. We played in the yard for 25 minutes or so, again threading the needle between rain showers. We came in and I washed some dishes before getting back to work.

The remaining half of the day was much like the first, slowly tackling old items while dealing with new. At the end of the day I gave my boss a ride to the Toyota dealership to pickup his truck, then got home to play with the dogs. I started a fire in the wood stove, then fed the dogs dinner a bit late, then made it back in the yard to play some more ball. I got to talk with Cheryl on the phone for 20 minutes while making my dinner. Cheryl is not sure of the date she gets off the ice (either Feb 20th or 25th). I made nachos for dinner, not the healthiest, but made use of a few ingredients I wanted to get out of the house.

After dinner, I took the dogs out for the evening walk, still 48F out and the rain stopped just in time for the walk! We did our 1.0 mile loop. The dogs were very good, even when they unexpectedly got to meet another dog. This other dog was being walked by a young guy (early 20's) without a leash. He clearly didn't have his dog under voice control. Luckily all the dogs got their sniffs on and things worked out. We made it back to the house at 8pm, and the dogs and I made our way upstairs to watch TV. I didn't make it past 8:45pm when I fell asleep. I woke up around 9:30 and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment