Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12/7/10

Woke up this morning to the dogs giving kisses. I got up and took them outside, then fed them breakfast. I made coffee and blogged for 20 minutes. Afterwards I went upstairs and did some of my stretching exercises, took a shower and got dressed for the day. The dogs and I went out and did our 1.0 mile loop, it felt warmer than it actually was, the dogs seemed to have a good time on the walk. We got home, I made myself a bowl of cereal for breakfast, brushed my teeth and then it was off to work.

Work was the same as usual. I am currently working on a conceptual site layout of two facilities in Alaska. One facility is in Headhorse (a.k.a. Prudhoe Bay) which is at Lat. 70 degrees. The other facility is in North Pole, Alaska (just north of Fairbanks). This gives me something that I can devote large blocks of time too. It appeared there was a Monday Night football hangover at work today. Many people came in late, there were a lot of droopy eyes. At lunch time, I went to the grocery store to pick up lunch meat, I couldn't help but get some of the chicken tenders from their wings bar. Then I went home to eat my lunch and to be with the dogs.

We played in the backyard for 20 minutes or so, I talked with Michael and Knate next door for a few minutes. Looks like one of their friends is moving in the other apartment in their building in the next week. Next I brought the pups inside and I was off to work again. The rest of the afternoon at work was the same. I got pulled into other projects throughout the day, but the majority of my work was on the Alaska job.

At 5pm, I headed home. I started a fire in the woodstove, then I let the pups out and we played in the yard for 15 minutes. I brought them in and fed them dinner, then I washed the dishes and cleaned up the house a bit. I was setting the upstairs loft up to start my exercise again. Cheryl called around 6:30pm and we talked for 25 minutes. She is very excited to have the most expensive cheeseburgers in the world tonight... Apparently McMurdo Station has run out of burger meat (I'm nervous that if they can run out of that, what's next?). So they had sent a special flight to the South Pole to deliver their reserve burger meat back to McMurdo Station. Thank you american taxpayer for flying burger meat all over the Antarctic because people can't take inventory.

After talking with Cheryl, the dogs watched me do my exercise routine for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, I took the pups out for their 1.0 mile evening walk. All went well, plus because I was still a little hot from my workout, it was the perfect cool down. We got back right at 8pm, I had a bowl of cereal for dinner while watching some TV. Went to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment