Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/20/10

Monday morning. Another week started, only 9 more before Cheryl gets off the ice. The dogs and I got back into our typical morning routine. First we were outside for the dog's 'business', then back in for their breakfast. I had some coffee and blogged for 15 minutes. I started putting things away and cleaning up the house a bit, then it was time for the dog's morning walk. We did the 1.0 mile loop and everything was fine. The dogs were good and nothing exciting happened. When we got home, I made an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich for me. Next I got ready for work, cleaned up and headed out the door.

Work in the morning was typical, I was in a meeting for 2 hours for the Alaska job. It was a pretty interesting meeting regarding the proposed tank we want to install up there. Once that was over, Aaron and I were headed down south of Boston to do a quick survey. We left during lunch, but stopped off at the house to let the dogs out first. I also had forgotten my gloves at the house, so I was able to pick those up too. Then we were off, the drive down was pretty good, about half way we started to see snow flakes and they continued the rest of the way. We stopped off at Kelly's roast beef for a late lunch. Very good upscale version of and Arby's, the sandwich was fantastic.

We got to the site at 2:30pm and finished our survey around 3:45pm. I had figured this would give us plenty of time to get back to Portsmouth before 5pm. Well, the snow hadn't let up and we were stuck with everyone else trying to get out of Boston. We finally made it back to the office at 7:30pm. I invited Aaron to spend the night at the house because he would still have another 2 hour drive home (he lives 80 miles north in Maine). So I headed home to let the dogs out, Aaron headed to the mall for some gifts for his wife.

I let the pups out and fed them a late dinner and then started a fire in the wood stove. Next we went for a quick walk, only 0.6 miles. I didn't want to go too far because of the snow in Chance's paws. Next I started dinner, pasta and 'meat' sauce. While waiting for the water to boil, I went out and shoveled the driveway. That's right, I enjoyed for the first time in 5 years, the joy of shoveling snow on asphalt. It was like a dream, so smooth and clean. No digging the shovel into frozen rocks or chunks of frozen ground. Plus, it took me less than 5 minutes! I love my new driveway, best gift to myself EVER.

I ate my dinner around 9pm, then settled in with the dogs until Aaron came by. He ate dinner while we talked a bit. For awhile we sat downstairs by the fire warming up. Unfortunately since it was a late start to the fire, the house was a bit cold. I cleaned up the futon for Aaron and around 11:30pm I headed to bed with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment