Saturday, January 1, 2011

12/30/10

Early morning with the pups. Actually, I got up at the same time as if I was going to work today, but instead I am heading up to Vermont to see my relatives. So, the dogs and I went out early in the backyard, then back in and they got their breakfast. I had some coffee and loaded up the rental car (they gave me a similar CR-V while mine is in flux). Tried to get caught up on the 5 days I was behind on blogs, so that took longer than I expected. Filled up my coffee mug, grabbed the dogs, and I was off to Vermont at 8am.

On the way, the dogs and I stopped multiple times. First I went driving through a Toyota dealership to look at their Tacoma's and Prius'. The second stop was a rest area on I-89 to walk the dogs. As I was getting back on the road, I saw that I only had 19 miles till empty... Quickly found a gas station with 5 miles left in the tank. At 11:30am, we made it to Nancy's house. I spent some time hanging out with Nancy and Jim, then James and Andrea came by. They wanted to have lunch with Dani in Rutland, so we headed in. I had a veggie fajita pizza which was fantastic at this place called A Crust Above. Afterwards, we dropped off Andrea at her parents house and James and I went to the 99 for some beers at the bar. We got to spend a little over an hour chatting. I am so glad he is doing well in the Air Force and look forward to him graduating in March.

Next we headed back to Nancy's, and I spent some time with Grandma. She isn't doing well, but she is also in her upper 80s. We spent an hour or so talking and next thing I knew it was after 4pm. I gathered up the pups and said my good-byes to everyone and headed back to NH. On the trip home I stopped into a Honda dealership to look at some of their cars. I made one other stop in Quechee to talk with Cheryl on the phone, feed the pups their dinner and then walk them around a bit. I finally got home around 8pm, the dogs and I did one last quick walk and then it was in for the night. I spent a few more hours looking up vehicle information online.

No comments:

Post a Comment