Saturday, October 2, 2010

10/1/10

Day 2 of the Reece paw soaking excitement, see how excited she is? Actually, today was a little bit better, though Chance joined in to see what was going on. Also, being the first of the month, I know what our energy consumption was for September and how much energy we fed back to the grid. We produced 347 kWh of electricity from the solar panels, used 202 kWhs (our lowest monthly usage to date), so we had a net surplus of 145 kWh. PSNH issued us a letter that we currently have 781 kWh 'banked' with them.

I continued the morning routine as usual. Of course, adding the fun and excitement of the paw soak. We went for a shorter walk, but I think Reece's paw is getting better and we will be able to do longer walks shortly (still with her booty). But today is pastry day, so no eating breakfast at home. I went into work 15 minutes early today to prep myself for what will surely be an interesting day.

Paul R. the electrical engineer, it will be his last day today, as well as Seth's last day. There will be lots of discussions going on around the office that I want to stay clear of. Seth was only in for the morning, and was sent off with a cake and ice cream. As I said before, even though Seth is leaving CHI, I will be hanging out with him often as we are on a winter league basketball team together. A few of us took Paul R. out for lunch at Lexies. I had the same Chicken sandwich I had last time and the fried pickles. One of the tough things is, as I blogged about before, I was getting excited about the young talent that CHI was hiring over the past 8 months. This got me to form the 'young employee' group a couple months back. Well, we have lost two of the group members today. I hope we can keep making strides in bringing in young talent for the company.

After work I went home and played with the pups between 5 and 6pm. We played ball in the yard, they had dinner, then we went on a walk. The rain kinda sucked. I don't mind walking in the rain, but trying to get your wet hand in a plastic newspaper bag to pick up poop really puts a damper on it. At 6pm, I met up with Mackenzie, Dan, Emerson and Cailin for dinner. It was Emerson's 4th birthday. Emerson was so good at the dinner table, and got sooo shy when the waiters sang happy birthday to her. I had the sirloin steak with broccoli and baked potato cubes (under 550 calories). But I finished that off with a chocolate mousse desert, yum.

After dinner, I went home and talked with Cheryl on the phone for 2 minutes. I was looking up education programs for renewable energy on-line while watching all this weeks episodes of The Daily Show. I went to bed around 10pm with Reece, while chance slept on the floor under the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment