Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/25/10

A monday morning is always a good morning, right? Well, I guess it is as good as any other, especially since I woke up, beats the alternative. The best thing about the morning, the 10 minutes of snuggle / belly rub time I get with Reece and Chance. I think Cheryl needs to get involved in this when she gets back, the dogs are so much more lovable when they snuggle up first thing in the morning.

Ok, enough of that, we all got up and went on with the morning routine. Outside for a few, back in for food, coffee and blogging. I even had enough time to wash dishes and pick up a few things around the house. At 6:45am, out the door for the morning walk. We did the 1.5 mile loop. It was relatively warm this morning, which I like because I don't need gloves on the walk. Nothing too exciting happened, but we got back to the house and I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

At work I continued making some progress on my South Jersey project. This project got pushed on the side burner, but I still need to get drawings and a bid package out before I leave on thursday afternoon. We had a quick 10 minute 'all engineers' meeting to discuss workloads and what management's expectations are. In a nut shell, we are expected to work more hours. I understand where the managers are coming from, we have not been hit by the recession, we are over-booked with work. Unfortunately for me, it is mostly mechanical and electrical work. I will help out the best I can to support the team, put there isn't time to train (or educate) me to do the work. Maybe during the slow part of the year.

At lunch, Aaron and I went over to The Pizza Factory, grabbed some subs and went over to the house to eat and let the dogs out. Interesting fact about the Pizza Factory... all the prices on the board above the counter are incorrect. My sub rang up 60 cents more, I asked and the lady said all the prices have been updated, but not on their sign. Later I asked Aaron (he goes here more often than me), he said the prices have been incorrect for at least 6 months. Hmmm, sounds like a scam to me. With the added costs to the subs, they should have updated their signs. By the way, the whole place was renovated 6 months ago, the sign is brand new.

Anyway, we talked a bit wile the dogs were outside. Reece initially gave Aaron a growl, but later tried to get him to throw the ball for her. At 12:50pm, we left to get back to work. The rest of the afternoon was much of the same, plugging away at my drawings. By 3pm, I had my drawings to a point to send out to the project team for review! It was a good point for me to get my eyes off them for a bit, though I am sure there are many mark-ups that will need to be done.

At 5pm, I left work, went home and played in the yard with the dogs. I talked with Michael from next door for a few minutes and he gave me a container of chili for dinner. They are so nice next door, it's great to have neighbors like that. I need to be more thoughtful to them as well. Tonight is basketball league night, 8pm game. As Dennis pointed out, that's only 30 minutes before my bed time. Just wait, there is one or two 9pm games coming up. Next I brought the dogs in for some food, then straightened up the house a tad. Back out with the dogs before we lost daylight. Back in, got my stuff ready for bball. Then we went on our evening walk. The pups were good, we did the 1 mile loop. We ran into the German Shepard right past the Naber Market. What it must be like to have a good dog. Both Chance and Reece got right up into his face, and he just stood there so calm yet not submissive. Chance started barking, so I pulled them to continue on the walk.

We got home, I had a yogurt for a snack, and headed to Eliot. The game was pretty good. We played a team that enjoyed the game more than the last team. It was good to play against a team like this. We won 53-43 and I had 6 points! Most of my shots were about as ugly as can be, but I did have a few key rebounds that I'm proud of. After the game Sam, Chris and I went out for a couple drinks at The Shipyard. Afterwards, I headed home to be with the pups. We went out in the yard one last time, then I watched about 15 minutes of TV and off to bed around 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment