Monday, October 4, 2010

10/3/10

Sunday morning, got to sleep in a bit. Unfortunately the night before I felt like a million bucks, ready to keep laying wood floors, this morning is a different story. Looks like all the aches and pains as well as the loss of energy has caught up with me. From my legs to my back, I actually had a hard time getting out of bed. The cure for this is coffee, I know it. I made some coffee and let the dogs out to play. I let Reece run a bit on her paw because she had been getting around on it fine the last two days.

I had a few cups of coffee and did some research online for an hour or so. I took the chance to update a few of my spreadsheets. I had a combination bowl of cereal (Cinnamon toast crunch and cheerios). Then the pups and I went outside to eye our project for the day. I took a look at west side stairs that I started last weekend. Decided I needed some pieces of lumber before getting started, made a quick trip to Lowe's. This should be all I need to at least get the steps done and usable.

When I got back, I left the dogs in the house while I continued to construct the stairs. Because of the type of decking I got, I had to 'picture-frame' all the edges. Though it looks better then just ending the decking, it takes a lot more time. Plus with my miter saw out of commission, I had to do the cuts with the circular saw. Speaking of the miter saw. It was a wedding gift from my brother-in-law Jamie, it lasted a solid 8 years of service. Cutting of brick for the patio may have done it in though.

At around 1:30pm, I finished the stairs. Actually, I ran out of decking screws, but I had at least 3 screws per board so it's safe enough to use. It was perfect timing because my back was killing me and I was getting really hungry. I picked up a few of the big items I was using, came in and made some pasta and meatballs for lunch to go with some Aleve. I let the dogs out to play ball for 20 minutes, then headed for the couch. Turned on a football game and proceeded to fall asleep. I got up at 4:30pm and played some more with the dogs. Then I cleaned up everything I was using outside and put away.

At 5pm, I took a ride over to the grocery store, got milk, lunch meat, OJ, and jello. Came back to the house and gave the dogs their dinner. I 'm not 100% sure what I did from 5 to 6:30. But I talked to Cheryl on gmail for 15 minutes or so, she is doing well as daylight is almost 24 hours now. I let Cheryl call 'Outside' for the dogs as we ended our conversation. I took the pups for a walk, we did a 1 mile loop and I took Reece's booty off about half way. She seems to be walking fine on her paw now.

Got home, made a meatball sub with provolone and headed for the couch. Finished eating just as Animation Domination started. Because I don't like The Cleveland Show, I streamed 'Community' instead because I missed it this past thursday. The Family Guy was pretty good, they had Rush Limbaugh on. It was interesting because Rush converted Brian to a republican and for most of the show made Rush's views to be great. Then at the end they really lit into Rush and Brian went back to being a liberal.

Went to bed at 9:30pm hoping to get a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment