Saturday, October 30, 2010

10/29/10

Woke up this morning on the 33rd floor at Vicki and Tim’s apartment. It is nice to have a Friday off, it was a nice and lazy morning without any dog walks. Tim went into work, Vic and I went out for a walk to the thrift store by her place. When we got there, it was closed so we headed in the opposite direction to get some breakfast at a place called Nookies. I had a short stack of cinnamon pecan pancakes, scrabbled eggs and bacon. The pancakes were fantastic, definitely enough food for the entire day.

Next we headed through the Lincoln Park Zoo. What a great place to have access too. I mean, a free zoo in the middle of Chicago? We took a quick walk in the farm section, then headed to the primates. I think we went through 3 or 4 houses and then headed to the greenhouse to check out the plants. It is truly amazing how nice all this is, it’s free and open to the public all the time.

After the zoo, Vic and I headed back up to the thrift shop now that it was open. We didn’t spend long there because the prices were not very thrift store appropriate. Some of the clothes I could buy new for the same price. We walked back to the apartment and got ready to head over to Cece and Jim’s. On our way over we stopped off at another thrift store to make a last ditch effort for me to get a Halloween costume.


Next stop, to the Parker house. Cece apparently planned a hot dog lunch. So I got to have two Vienna beef dogs, then checked out the man-cave. They added carpet in the garage, put in a ping-pong table, dart board, couches, TV, etc. With the garage door open, you can watch some TV while playing fetch with the dogs. I played a few games of NASCAR on the playstation then went back into the house. Hung out with Cece and Dawn a bit, then watched a movie with Jim in the front room.

Later in the evening, Cece made a fantastic spread of food. My all-time favorite, sweet potato casserole! I also had some chicken pot pie and plenty of maple sugar cookies. Cece showed me how they get September to 'sit pretty' just like the dogs. It was pretty funny and I was amazed, I will post a picture later. We all sat down to watch Charlie Brown and the Pumpkin Patch. At around 9pm, Vicki, Tim and I left to get back to the apartment for the night. Back at the apartment, we sat down to watch some TV and talked a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment