Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/11/10

Another monday morning, this marks 3 weeks without Cheryl, only 19 more to go! This morning I am a little behind schedule. I did two more loads of laundry as well as my typical routine. But I reset my alarm clock and for some reason I set it for a different time 5:50am instead of 5:40am, so I lost 10 minutes there. Anyway, went on with my typical morning of taking the dogs out, making coffee, checking the electric meter, writing in my blog and getting ready for work.

During our morning dog walk, nothing too exciting happened. I am noticing the 40F air in the morning is getting to be a bit cold. By the time we were at the end of the walk, I was breathing heavily into my hands to keep them warm... tomorrow will include gloves. Got back to the house and had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then it was off to work.

Nothing different going on at work, spent 30 minutes making out my time sheet and expense report from last week. I am still trying to organize a night out with people from work for wedsnesday night, we will see how many want to join this week. At lunch, Aaron and I went over to try out Mojo's BBQ on Brewery Lane. I ordered a Mojo Reuben, which was a reuben with turkey instead. The food was pretty good, but took awhile to come out. We ended up being pressed for time to get back to work. On the way back, we stopped off at my house for 5 minutes while I let the dogs out in the yard. The gas guy from Unitil was at the house marking out the underground gas line in preparation for my new driveway.

We made it back to work and I continued on my multitude of projects. One in particular is starting to get increasingly complex and I will be looking for other options. Essentially I have to raise up some electrical equipment in a building with surrounding platforms a total of 14". Some feel that making everything out of angle iron is good, but it will require a huge amount of welding and detail work. Time to brainstorm.

After work I headed home to the pups. We played outside, I took down the laundry from the line, fed the dogs, then played outside some more. When we came in, I re-laid out the video chatting area by the tv to hide some wires. Then I went to the grocery store for food for the week. I picked up lunch meat, mustard, relish, milk, yogurt and some more pasta. When I got home, I checked to see some times of people I knew running the Chicago Marathon. Two people I graduated high school with ran it, and finished within 2 minutes of each other. I checked my time and Vicki's time, for some reason the chips didn't register, weird. Then Cheryl called me on gmail video chat. We chatted for 20 or 30 minutes. She loves seeing the pups sitting on the couch with me while we talk. After chatting, I took the pups on their evening walk, then in to watch some tv. We went to bed at 9:15pm for a full nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment