Monday, October 18, 2010

10/17/10

Even better today, the dogs let me sleep in until 7:15! This actually made for a rush this morning because of what I had to do today. Out with the dogs in the backyard while having a load of laundry running. Then back in, feed the pups and have some coffee. I spent a few minutes on the computer trying out Google Docs. It seems like a good idea, I will report more once I have more time using it. Next it was time to bring the dogs out for a walk. We went for a 1.5 mile loop past all the construction on Lincoln St. The pups stopped off at all their favorite spots.

When we got home, I made myself a ham and cheese omelet and washed a few dishes. I went upstairs and got ready for church. That's right, you didn't mis-read that. Today I am being confirmed as a catholic. I needed to be at the church my 10am, so I had to hurry. I got there a little early, sat in the lot drinking coffee for a bit. When I saw Mackenzie pull in, I went over to walk in with the family. By the way, no cell phones allowed in the church, there were only a dozen signs. So, I was lucky enough to be seated first in the row, that meant I was the first to do everything... I was nervous. When they announced us to come up, I went right up to the priest, when I looked back, all my co-confirmation group stayed back in front of the alter. No one said I wasn't suppose to go up so far, embarrassing.

The confirmation only took a few minutes, but I mis-pronounced my Saint name... St. Roch is apparently not pronounced 'roach', it is more like 'rok'. Then it was over. Communion was another fun aspect of church that made me nervous. Do I hold my hands out, if so, what hand? do I let the person place it in my mouth? The community wine cup, I was definitely staying away from that, this is cold season mind you. Being the first one up there for communion didn't help either.

Afterwards I drove home and played with the pups, then changed into some more relaxing attire. Then it was off to Hampton for lunch at the Old Salt. All of us (Mackenzie, Susan and I) plus our significant others and our sponsors sat down for some brunch. The spread was pretty good and Emerson even got a chance to taste the chocolate bar. After lunch, I headed over to Mackenzie and Dan's to help out with splitting some firewood. Dan's friend had a splitter so we gave it a try. After a couple hours, I was done. I want to take it easy on my back. We had almost half the pile done, then we went in where Mackenzie had made me some chocolate chip cookies to take home.

When I got home, I played with the pups in the yard for a few minutes, then feed them. I took them back out while I took the clothes off the line and into the dryer. While playing fetch a few times, I noticed Reece limping back (again). Then I noticed lots of blood coming from here paw... another broken nail. It seems like it was about this time last year that she did this exact same thing. And if I remember right, it was a $230 vet bill. I loaded her into the truck and took her to the Portsmouth vet. They had her all cleaned up and ready to go in under 45 minutes. Poor girl has a $110 wrapped paw.

Back home I took Chance out on his own walk around the block. Then a second walk with Chance and Reece. Reece can still walk on the paw, but I put a booty over the wrap. Sometime tomorrow I will remove the wrap. For dinner, I had a bowl of cereal and cookies for desert. I watched part of the sunday night football game and went to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment