Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/20/10

Woke up this morning and took the dogs out while coffee was brewing. Reece is now without her booty and running around like nothing happened. It was a chilly 33F this morning, so in we came. I fed the pups, checked the electric meter and then wrote in the blog. It was a fairly efficient blog post, because I was done pretty quick. Had enough time to put a load of laundry in the machine and then take the pups for their 1mile morning walk.

For breakfast I made myself a cheese omelet with a little bit of ketchup on top. I looked at a few things online while eating, then washed the dishes and I was off to work. I had on my list 2 major things to get done by the end of the day. By noon I had finally finished detailing all the structural drawings for steel stands I needed for the job, I thought I was doing great. I saw the steel truck leave the parking lot after delivering the material, only to find out they had forgotten about the two most important shapes I needed. Called the company up, they forgot to load it on the truck, we will get it tomorrow.

At lunch I came home and made a PB&J sandwich and played kickball with the dogs in the yard for 25 minutes. Though I threw the ball for Reece, only 3 or 4 times. I still think her paw is a little tender. I came in and sat with the pups for a few, for some loving, so sweet. Then off to work.

In the afternoon I was sidelined by another emergency job. We were suppose to do this project for the client back in May, they couldn't get their air discharge permits, so we put the project on hold. The original project schedule was 4 months of construction... now that they got their permit a couple weeks ago, they want the work done before thanksgiving. I hope we can get this one done. Talking to members of the project team ate up most of my afternoon and I didn't get the other major task completed.

I got home around 5:30, took the laundry off the line, started a fire in the wood stove and played with the pups. When we came in for diner, there was lots of smoke in the house. I fed the dogs, then checked on the fire. In order to create a draft for the smoke to go through the chimney, you have to put a bunch of paper in the back of the stove to get the air hot. Otherwise it kinda smolders and the stove fills with smoke until the pressure lifts up the top and it goes into the house. So I opened all the windows to air out the house and fixed the problem.

Next I did my stretches and went for a 3mile run. It was pretty peaceful and was well worth it after work. I got back just in time to get a message from Cheryl, video chat in five minutes! We haven't video chatted in a few days. We chatted for 40 minutes or so. It ended when Chance dumped over my glass of water, breaking one of my favorite pint glasses. It was my 2009 Disney Marathon glass :( After, I took a shower and we went out for a late walk. It was a short walk because it had gotten so late.

When we got home, I made a chicken pot pie. Since it was already 8:30pm, I was too hungry to wait the 45 minutes for baking. So I had some zucchini bread for dinner while watching a movie. When the pot pie was done, i let it cool down, then put it in the fridge for tomorrow. I fell asleep half water through the movie, finally waking up around 10:30pm. I turned the TV off and headed for bed with Reece.

No comments:

Post a Comment