Sunday, October 3, 2010

10/2/10

Day 3 of Reece's paw soaking. Today I took the picture of this action, posted on yesterday's blog. I know the picture was a little far away, but it was the best I could come up with. This morning I took a few pieces of old cereal boxes out of the recycling bin so that I could write a few posters letting people know that my house was not open to the public today. I played with the pups in the backyard, then had some breakfast and coffee to wake up. As I headed out the door for the dog walk, I ran into my neighbor, Paul. They are having a yard sale today. I warned him that he may get a bunch of liberal crunchies stopping by to buy things.

The dog walk was as usual, not much exciting happened. Though I do have a story to tell about a walk the other night that I forgot to blog about. So, when Chance goes #2, he tends to be a walker. He starts in one place, then shuffles forward a foot or so between each 'loaf'. Well, the other night he chose to start with his face planted into a Carol Shea-Porter sign. After each 'loaf', he tried to move a foot closer, to the point he actually had his head under the sign to his neck. When he finished, it was a fiasco, he got all tangled up in the sign, thrashing like a bucking bronco. Good thing it was dark and no one saw.

Anyway, at 9am, I put the pups in the basement with the radio on and headed to Jeff and Shannon's to help with their wood floor. Shannon's mom was up from Pennsylvania and she pre-made some meatballs and cookies for lunch while she, Shannon and Oskar were out. SO I have some progressive photos of the work Jeff and I did. Since this is pretty much all I did today, the blog should be short. We took a good lunch break where I made a beer run, had a meatball sandwich and plenty of cookies. I apologize for scarfing down too many, I have an obsession with cookies.



We finished the last board around 6:15pm and picked up all the equipment. We put a few things away, though Jeff has more work cut out for him tomorrow installing trim pieces. Cheryl called just as I was getting ready to head home. I was sent away with a care package of pasta and meatballs, enough for at least 3 meals. Thank you guys so much for the food.

When I got home, I took the dogs in the backyard to go to the bathroom, brought them in for dinner, then back out for a walk. Nothing too exciting on the walk, so I heated up some of the pasta and meatballs for dinner, made my way to the couch and relaxed. Not sure when I fell asleep, but woke up around 10pm and made my way into the bedroom and went back to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. you are embarrassing little Chance. How would you like if I described your poop publicly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so funny how Marc described the situation though! Made us all laugh :D

    ReplyDelete