Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/4/10

Monday's blog should be pretty short, not much in terms of excitement happened today. As usual I got up, took the dogs out, fed them, read the power meter, made coffee and wrote in my blog. Afterwards the dogs and I went on a longer 1 mile walk without a booty on Reece's paw. She seemed perfectly fine with no limping. Luckily the miserable cold, rainy and windiness was gone so the walk was fairly enjoyable, though a 42 degree morning temp was tough to take.

After the walk, I did some morning stretches. My legs are still tight from the weekends work, I don't think a run is in the forecast today. I had a bowl of cereal and got ready for work. Decided it was time to start growing a goatie, lets see how long that will last.

At work, I found out today that a heater for my North Carolina project may get scrapped. When I say heater, at these facilities, they are in the range of $500,000 each. It is brand new too, only 2 years old. The old contractor that got booted from this project oversized it and didn't design it correctly. The reason this affects me is not only did the contractor install the wrong size heater, by code they also installed it 5'-6" too close to another piece of equipment. I am planning on going down to NC thursday and friday to survey that area so that I could build a new foundation for it 6' from its current location. Not sure yet if my plans will be canceled with this new information.

At lunch I went home and played with the dogs in the yard, Reece's paw is still looking good. I talked to Knate and Michael a bit as well. They are doing major cleaning all day. Michael just got back from Italy, I got to see some of his pictures on Facebook. I made a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and ate it while playing ball with the dogs. We came in and I washed all the dirty dishes and did a little cleaning. Major cleaning is on the schedule for wednesday before I leave for NC.

The afternoon was a little more exciting for me at work. I am designing a metal enclosure for a project in Mass. I have been struggling with the column design for a few days, today I calibrated with Aaron for about half an hour and we got some really good ideas on the table. It encouraged me enough to keep working late to get the drawings completed by the end of the day. Then Aaron asked when we were going bowling. Turns out Aaron bowls 10-pin as well. The closest place to play is up near his place in Portland, ME.

After work, I came home and played with the dogs in the yard, then fed them dinner. We played some more, this is getting Chance back to normal. I felt so bad cutting back his ball time outside because of lame Reece. He is loving the exercise now. I went around and installed the remaining recessed light trim and new bulbs upstairs. Then I climbed up to the 3rd floor loft to check out the Kill-A-Watt on the Venmar. Looks like the ERV used 26.3kWh over 17 days (1.66kWh per day). Seems high to me. Then Cheryl called on gmail and we talked a bit. Cheryl is handling the cold weather fine and her spirits are high... but this is just week 3 for her. Lets create a chart showing her spirit on a weekly basis for the rest of her time there.

After talking to Cheryl, we went for our first 1.5 mile walk in over a week and a half. It was exciting. People are getting their Halloween decorations out, which is spooking little Chance a bit. Reece almost bit one of those inflatable lighted pumpkins, could have been bad. We got back and I made dinner for me. I took down the last 3 meatballs that Shannon's mom made. And when I say meatballs, these things are the size of a big orange. I cut them up a bit, put on a roll with some provolone cheese and heated. At 8pm, I watched some tv and had a bowl of chocolate pudding. I hope you are catching that this year I have substituted chocolate pudding for Xing Ping. 9pm and off to bed, totally forgot that the Pats were playing monday night football. I know I said this posting was going to be short, but apparently more happened to me today than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment