Thursday, October 28, 2010

10/27/10

This was a unique wednesday morning because I was taking Reece to daycare on a wednesday instead of a thursday. So I got up, took the pups outside, gave them breakfast, took a quick shower and then off to Barrington. The ride to Barrington was fun, always is. Reece sleeps in the front seat, Chance stands in the center and continuously tries to hook your right hand to give him a belly rub. With a standard, this is difficult, so I usually wait unto I'm on the highway before giving into his 'hook'. By the way, the term 'hook' was given by Cheryl when she got to experience this for the first time this summer, it was a new thing for Chance over the past year.

I dropped off Reece at daycare to a person I hadn't met before, very nice woman. She asked 'And who is this?", so I told her it was Reece and gave her a few tips about keeping Reece separated from other dogs until Joanne or Holly arrived. I know Reece looks all cute and lovable, but she can turn pretty quick. Anyway, headed home with Chance, just the boys going for a ride in the truck. I gave Chance plenty of belly rub time. As soon as we got home, we went on a 1.5 mile walk. The sky was overcast, but lit up. You could tell where the sun was at, it looked pretty cool. Plus with all the leaves turning, I had to get a picture of Chance, so cute. On the walk he saw some leaves that were suspended in mid air, caught on a spiders web just 3 feet above the ground. He saw the leaves and just inhaled them, it was too cute.

After our walk, we ran into Meg our neighbor and talked to her for 15 minutes or so before getting to work. Meg and Pat live across the street, they are really cool people that are so incredibly active its amazing. They seem to always be going hiking, skiing, kayaking, biking, all the time. When Cheryl gets back next year, we will do those things together and it will be the best summer ever! We got into the house, I had a bowl of cereal then off to work.

Work is the same, nothing too interesting going on. I am keeping busy, which is always good. At lunch I went home, got dressed and took Chance for a 2.3mile run. The rain had stopped and the sun came out just long enough to get our run in. Chance seemed to poop out around mile 2, which is understandable because we usually don't run together. Then I was back to work, where I had a Clif bar for lunch. The rest of the day at work was pretty relaxing, luckily not too much stress today. At 5pm I left for home.

I stopped by the house and played with Chance a bit, then loaded him into the truck and headed to Barrington. Traffic was a bit of a nightmare, rain must scare people. Got to daycare and talked with Joanne a bit, Reece was ok, with a few little tiffs with a Golden. I'm upset about this because Reece never picks on Goldens, Reece needs an attitude adjustment. On our way home, we took the slow route, just for fun.

Got home and turned on my computer and had about 10 minutes of video chat time with Cheryl. She is doing well and keeping up good spirits. I know I talk about her like she is one of those trapped Chilean miners, but there are some similarities. Though I here the miners had better food. Anyway, afterwards we went out on our evening walk which was cut short because of the rain (.6 miles). We came in, I made the rest of my chicken sausages for dinner and popped in a Netflix movie. Midway through the movie, I called back Cece who left me a voicemail yesterday. Cece is great, because she will leave a voicemail starting out "I know leaving voicemails are no longer to thing, but I'm going to leave on anyway". When I go in to see her this weekend, I'm going to try to get her to start texting. It was a great phone call, always great to talk to Cece, she is gearing up for the big Halloween party this weekend. She thinks I should go dressed as Saint Rok. Since I am bringing my running gear, I may just bring one of my old race bibs and go as a marathoner instead.

After the phone call, I finished watching the movie with a bowl of chocolate pudding and whipped cream. Them off to bed at 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment