Saturday, October 16, 2010

10/15/10

Pastry day at work! Got up this morning after a good night's sleep. The pups and I took some extra belly-rub time in bed before actually getting up. It is a bit cold in the house, only 62F. I'm dreading the morning walk because of the cold rain. Got up and let the pups in the backyard for a few minutes, then fed them. I made some coffee, checked the meter and started writing in my blog. I got caught up on some of the news from around the world, then got ready for the walk. I put on my DOT issued rain jacket and headed out. My street was a lake. It had been raining hard all night. Most of the sidewalks had 1/2" of standing water and where there wasn't s standing pond in Middle St., it was a river flowing. Within the first block my pants were soaked. We made it to Union St. and completed a loop (0.8miles). The intersection of Union St. and Middle St. had a 6" deep pond.

When we got back, I tried to get the dogs to 'shake off' out on the covered porch before getting into the mudroom. This command will need a little work. Sure enough, as soon as we got into the mudroom, they shook. I wiped them down with towels and tried to dry myself off too. Time for a new pair of pants. Luckily I had plenty of time because I don't eat breakfast's at home, there will be a pastry waiting for me at work.

I got to work about 10 minutes early, talked with Dennis a bit to see how his night was. Then made my way over to the kitchen and had a apple pastry. It is very important to get your fruit consumption in, I prefer the form of a pastry or smoothie. I got pulled into the Nashville meeting because Aaron was on vacation today. It was unexpected, but it was also good to get caught up as to how that project is progressing. After the meeting I got working on my other projects, I really wanted to get to a good closing point by the end of the day. I left work a bit early for lunch, I was meeting a friend at the Brewery, so I took an hour of personal time.

At the Brewery, I had the pastrami on rye sandwich with their mashed potatoes. I only ate half, then saved the other half for dinner tonight. I had some good conversations with my friend, but eventually had to get back to work. On the way back I stopped off at the house and played with the dogs in the backyard. The rain had stopped, but the temperature dipped to the 40's. I stayed at the house for 10 minutes or so, then headed back to work. Stopped off at the gas station to fill the tank, and arrived at work at 1:30pm.

The rest of the day was fairly productive. Again, almost everyone around me was out of the office today. There are 13 cubicles on the second floor, and there were only 5 people in them today. By the end of the day, I didn't get things to the point I wanted them. I headed home and played with the pups outside for a bit then fed them. The temperature in the house has now dipped to 60F, I thought about starting a fire, but it seemed like a lot of work. Currently I have no kindling, I planned on chopping some up this weekend. So instead, I just put on another layer of clothes.

Since Cheryl has today off, we got to talk earlier on the video chat. Unfortunately, we have hit a point at which we have nothing to talk about. We cover everything in the blogs and via email throughout the day. Speaking of which... October 19th on Spike TV there will be a 25 year anniversary special on Back to the Future. Michael J. Fox even re-shot the original trailer for the movie and it is all over the web. On October 26th they will release the 25 year anniversary blu-ray for BttF. If you don't know, October 26th is a significant date in the movie.

Anyway, after the video chat with Cheryl (in which the dogs are getting a little more confused about) it was time to go out for the walk. This time I put on my DOT issued jacket and pants, I looked like a fruit-cake. Here is the thing to know about having a house with a metal roof... from the inside, the rain hitting the roof sounds like it is pouring out. Well not always. As I stepped out, I realized it was a light rain. Oh well, I don't care what I look like, I'm going with it. So we went on a 1.0 mile loop walk in a light rain. All the ponds has subsided. The walk was somewhat enjoyable except for my fingers were loosing feeling from the cold. The last block we trotted so that I could get my hands dry and warm.

Afterwards, I warmed up the leftover sandwich from lunch and brought a loaf of Cheryl's zucchini bread and a tub of butter upstairs to watch some TV. Friday night TV sucks, nothing was on. So at 9pm, I got into bed and snuggled with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment