Sunday, October 24, 2010

10/23/10

It was light out before the pups woke me up for the new day, so nice of them to let me sleep until 6:30am on a saturday. We got up, went outside and then I fed them breakfast. I started a fire in the wood stove, it dipped to 57F in the house, time for some heat. I checked the meter and then sat in front of the computer to blog and futz around on the internet. Nothing too exciting going on in the world apparently.

At 7:30am, the dogs and I went for a 1.5 mile walk. The morning temperature outside was 35F, which is starting to bother me on the walks. Chance and Reece were great on the walk, we went past the Lincoln St. construction, not much has changed since the last time we walked through. It was a beautiful clear day, should be a great day. So I added McMurdo Station, Antarctica to my Weather Channel app on my phone so that I can see what kind of temperatures Cheryl is getting daily. Well yesterday was 5F... I think Cheryl is picking the coldest days and writing about them on her blog, but really, it's pretty nice out there.

At 9:30am, I loaded the pups in the truck and we made a trip to the transfer station. I only had one plastic container of wood to recycle, but I wanted to get it off the back deck before too long. As always, the transfer station is a pleasure to go to. After the transfer station, we went to Target for some shopping. I was in 'Code Red', need for toilet paper. I really shouldn't wait until it is all gone before buying more. Anyway, picked up some cleaning supplies and more cereal. I also bought a new tupperware contained for Jeff and Shannon because Mister Chance knocked over the drying rack full of clean dishes, then proceeded to chew on Jeff and Shannon's tupperware container.

I got back to the house around 11:30am. I put some laundry out on the clothes line, then played with the dogs for 20 minutes in the backyard. As the house temperature got up, I thought it was a good time to take a nap by the fire. Obviously, the dogs joined in in this activity. I got up just before 1pm, my dad was coming over to hang out for a bit. At 1pm, he stopped by. We sat by the fire for an hour or so just chatting, then we headed to downtown to get something to eat. First we stopped in at the Brewery. 2:30pm in the afternoon on a saturday and there was a 30 minute wait for 2 people??? I am having trouble staying loyal the the Brewery. After they slashed their menu, getting in is such a pain... I'm glad as a business they are doing well, but for people that go there regularly, it's tough.

I was told that when the show 'Cheers' came out on TV, the Boston bar got so packed that the bar gave green tokens out to their regulars. The regulars showed the tokens, and they moved to the front of the lines. Maybe something the Brewery should think about.

Anyway, we headed over to the Dolphin Striker. No waits, sat right down. I ordered the Striker Club sandwich, which was fantastic. While dining, I was helping my dad with his new smartphone that the University gave him. It is a touch screen HTC Droid. It has so many bells and whistles that my dad will never use. He just wants a phone with number buttons to call. I set him up with a Google account and started downloading Apps for him. We had a good late lunch and headed back to the house.

We played in the backyard a bit with the pups. I loaded another load of firewood in to the carrier and brought it in. After about 30 minutes, my dad took off for KTP to look at winter hats. I jumped on the computer and played on the internet for a bit. Next I fed the pups their dinner while watching this past weeks full episodes of the Daily Show. I thought it was funny on the show where Colbert announced he didn't get a permit for his rally and asked Stewart to be part of his rally.

At 7:30pm, I took the dogs out for their 1mile evening walk. Not much excitement here, the dogs were good and nothing really happened to take up time on the blog. When we got home, I made my way up to the couch and watched some TV. I stayed awake long enough to see the Giants beat Philly to get into the World Series, then it was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment