Friday, October 29, 2010

10/28/10

This morning I woke up with Reece, and we did our morning routine of outside, breakfast and coffee while blogging. I began to clean the house a bit more, doing a load of laundry because today is going to be in the 70’s and sunny. We went on our morning walk and did our 1.5 mile loop. As usual, not very exciting and nothing out of the normal happened. We got home, I put the laundry out on the line, had a bowl of cereal and got ready for work.

I was like a mad man at work this morning, I had lots of dead lines to meet and was taking off at noon. I was able to get everything that needed to be done before I left, it felt pretty good. I then went over to the dentist for my bi-annual cleaning that I had been putting off for 2 months now. I think the dentist was a little pre-mature with setting their clocks back an hour, because the whole time I was watching the clock thinking I had more time than I really did.

I made it home and let the dogs play in the backyard while I cleaned the house. It took almost an hour just to sweep the floors and vacuum the couches clean. Next was putting new sheets on the bed and then cleaning the bathrooms. At this time I realized I was running really late. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to take a shower after cleaning the house, and now I am off to catch the C&J for Logan.

Made the C&J with 2 minutes to spare. Made it to Logan 2 hours before my flight, only took 5 minutes to get through security. I tried to book it to my gate because there was an earlier flight leaving for Chicago that I didn’t expect to be so close to making. That plane left just as I got to the gate. Hung around for another hour before boarding. While boarding, it was interesting to note that there were three people that had tickets for row 27, but there were only 26 rows on the plane. Luckily there were some extra seats. I say luckily because one of the guys was clearly starting to make a scene, it had the potential to escalate into a security problem.

The flight was fine, I was able to take a nap because I had a window seat. We got in a few minutes early, went straight for the Blue Line train to meet Cece at the stop. It was great to see Cece again, and far too nice of her to drive me to Vicki’s place. With the big party Cece is putting on this weekend, the last thing she needed to do was drive me around.

When I got up to Vick’s place, I got the tour of the apartment. Checked out the balcony, though 33 floors up, I didn’t get too far out from the patio door. We chatted for a bit, then off to bed. Vicki had been talking about their couch is a great bed for a while now, so can’t wait to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment