Sunday, October 17, 2010

10/16/10

Saturday morning, the pups let me sleep in until 6:15am! Then it was up and outside. The morning temp was a bit cold, 37F, and it was 59F inside. Looks like the right day to burn in the woodstove. The dogs and I played outside for a bit, then came in for breakfast. I had a bowl of cereal, the pups had their typical dog food. I checked the electric meter and then started a fire in the woodstove.

The dogs and I went on a long walk at 7:45am. We went downtown to check out what was going on at Market Square. Then over to the Farmer's Market, which looked pretty bleak, and then back to the house (about 2.3 mile loop). When we got home, I took down the caution tape on the driveway and parked the truck on it for the first time. Then the dogs and I went out in the backyard to play a bit. I stopped playing to clean up the yard. I put away all the misc. pieces of lumber lying around, cleaned off the back porch, and took up the rest of the garden out front.

Liz stopped by for a few minutes to pick up the money I owed her for watching the dogs. She is training for the Seacoast Half Marathon too, she just finished her 9 mile run. After Liz left for work, I played on the computer for a bit.

I'm not really sure of what I did between noon and 2pm... but around 2 I started to get motivated to do my 9mile training run. I did my stretch routine and out the door I went. I was quite surprised by my time, 9 miles in under 1hr 3min, less than a 7:00 pace! My goal for the half marathon is under 1:30, but I don't think that is very realistic. My personal best is 1:38:01 (first half of the 2009 Disney Marathon) and 1:39:05 (2009 Chicago Half-Marathon).

When I got home, I rested on the couch while video chatting with Cheryl. We talked for about 30 minutes, but I was pretty tired to keep a real conversation going. After we stopped chatting, I popped in a movie and took a nap with Reece on the couch. At 5:30pm, I got up and fed the dogs. I quickly ran out to the grocery store to get a few supplies. I usually go on Sunday's which I thought were bad, but apparently Saturday is worse. Every checkout was open with a line 5 deep.

Got back to the house and played with the pups in the yard a bit even though it was already dark. We came in a watched a little TV on the couch until 7:30pm. We went out for our evening walk. The pups enjoyed it, I was still tired from my run. When we got back, I put a frozen pizza in the toaster oven for dinner. I ate it while flipping between the Nascar race and the Nation League baseball game. Nether were exciting enough to keep me awake, so I went to bed at 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment