Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/22/10

Pastry day. Got up this morning and continued with my routine. Had the dogs out, fed and coffee ready in no time. Spent a little time on my blog, also noticed Cheryl hasn't had anything new on her blog in a few days. The pups and I went out for a 1.5 mile loop this morning. Since I wasn't planning on eating breakfast at home, and new the pastries would be quite heavy in the stomach, the extra distance was needed.

I made it in to work and continued working on my projects. I think things progressed well this week, a little slower than I anticipated, but forward progress was made. At lunch I went home and played with the dogs for 20 minutes. Came in, washed some dishes and cleaned the kitchen a bit. I sat on the couch with both pups for a few minutes as well. I grabbed the leftover chicken pot pie from the fridge and headed back to work. I heated the pot pie up and finished it off at my desk while trying to get more work done.

The afternoon was much of the same, slowly plugging away at 3 'emergency' tasks that needed to be done. It is tough when a single person gives you 3 'emergency' tasks, then comes by at regular intervals asking why each one isn't done. "Ahh, remember the other 2 items that 'have' to be done today as well, well I'm working on those too." Overall the afternoon was pretty tough to stay focused. Because one of our co-workers was back in the office for two days, he has been working in Nashville on-site for months, we decided to go out for a few drinks after work.

At 5pm, we headed to Margarita's for a few drinks and appetizers. Dennis, Aaron, Jim, Eric and I. We had a good time, Jim always has great stories of what really goes on in the field. I had a quesidilla. I am a food snob. Sorry, but a quesidilla should not be made with american cheese. It really was a mess. Cheryl makes the best quesidillas. Afterwards, I went home and video chatted with Cheryl for about 20 minutes. We didn't have a lot to talk about, but at least she got to see the pups.

Next we went out for our evening walk. We did the 1 mile loop we normally walk. At least the temperature was in the upper 40's, my fingers get a bit cold on these walks now. Both the dogs were great on the walk, I will be happy when the squirrels are gone for the winter though. When we got back, I settled in and watched the rest of the Netflix movie I started the other night. I also played around a little on the internet to see what was going on in the world.

The pups and I went to bed around 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment