Thursday, October 7, 2010

10/6/10

Wednesday morning, got up and took the dogs out while the coffee was brewing. Came in, fed the pups, checked the electric meter and sat down in front of the computer to write in the blog. It was a record, I was able to get the post up in 8 minutes. Next it was on to cleaning the house in preparation for the dog sitter. I washed the dishes, did some quick cleanups in the bathroom and kitchen, folded and hung laundry, changed the sheets and pillow cases on the bed, then took a shower.

We went out for a 1 mile loop walk in the drizzling rain. I know there has been a lot of complaints about the rain lately (feels like 7 straight days), but the summer was pretty good. As one person said to me 'Best summer ever'. I will make one complaint though... my solar panels need more sun. The walk went well with no real issues. When we got back, I had some cereal and took off for work.

Work was pretty much like every other day. I was trying to button up a few loose ends before leaving for N.C. I was able to get everything done that affected someone else work, which is a goal of mine, I don't like to hold up other peoples work. At noon I went home to be with the pups for lunch and to keep cleaning the house.

I didn't realize how long it takes to sweep the house, let alone do a thorough cleaning. It has been 5 months since I personally cleaned the house. I miss having Cheryl around. Not because I want her to clean, don't get the wrong impression, but we had a system that one of us would clean while the other played (distracted) the dogs for an hour or so. Sweeping, vacuuming and all around cleaning is made more difficult with two insane dogs barking and biting at the cleaning tools. I was able to get everything cleaned in time to leave for the airport.

I brought a ham and cheese sandwich with me on the road to the airport. It was actually pretty funny, as I pulled into the parking garage at Manchester, Steve (a co-worker) was pulling out and I took his spot. I then proceeded to join in on a conference call for work while going through security, then waited for my flight. Nothing to exciting here, as many of you who have traveled through Manchester airport. Looked around and everyone looked like drones staring into space, what have we become?

The flight was enjoyable and quick. I was on a smaller plane that only sat 4 wide. I got in to Charlotte about 15 minutes early. I got my rental car and headed to the rental house. On the way I stopped off at Arby's and had 2 jr. roast beef's and a jr. jamocha shake. I love Arby's, any chance I get I will have their roast beef and jamocha shake, don't ask me why.

Made it to the rental house around 9pm, talked with Harry for an hour or so. He showed me a video on Youtube of his buddy's vintage propeller plane doing aerial tricks, pretty cool stuff. Went to bed at 10pm.

1 comment:

  1. Can you bring home an Arby's sandwhich and drink for me please? Remember when Mom would take us?! Yum!

    ReplyDelete