Friday, October 8, 2010

10/7/10

Woke up in North Carolina. I am some what surprised, walked outside the house and it was pretty chilly, in the low 50's. I also realized I forgot to pack shirts, looks like two days wearing the same shirt. Next time I will leave more time for packing, apparently 5 minutes opens the door to forgetting things.

Headed to the site to see progress. Stopped of at Dunkin Donuts for a breakfast sandwich and arrived on-site at 7:15am. Things are moving along, but behind schedule. There are many reasons for being behind, but it still doesn't sit well with me. I have put a few pictures up to show everyone what I do. Unfortunately, I don't design most of this work because I don't have a N.C. Professional Engineer's stamp.
At lunch time I went out to Firehouse for subs for Tom and Harry. I love going to this place when I'm down here. They make sandwiches unlike anything available up north. I had a 'Hook and Ladder', which I can't quite remember what is on it, but it is fantastic. The other treat down here is the sweet tea that is on tap everywhere. New England has no idea on how to make good sweet tea, it really is a treat.
One reason I wanted to get down these two days are because the heaters were going to be delivered, each weighing 100,000lbs. I wanted to see how they were going to fit through the overhead roll-up doors in the building. The heaters were traveling from Wisconsin, and were held up at the TN / NC border because they hadn't received their highway overload permits yet. Looks like best case scenario, the heaters get here late friday or monday. Too bad I won't be able to see them installed.
I left work around 6:15pm and headed back to the house. I talked with Cheryl for about 20 minutes, so good to hear her voice. Because I was traveling yesterday, I didn't get a chance to talk to her. Got to the house, put away all my work stuff and sat down and talked with Harry while he made meatloaf for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment