Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/13/10

Wednesday morning, much like all the other mornings. Out with the dogs, feed the dogs, check meter, dog walk, eat breakfast (cereal). As I was heading out to work, the driveway crew was back, so I talked to them for a bit. I got confirmation that paving will be in the afternoon.
I loaded my bicycle into my truck and headed to Toyota for some service. Getting an oil change, tire rotation, and the infamous brake pedal - floor mat recall fix. I left the truck and rode my bike to work. Nothing new going on at work, continuing with the multiple projects I have been working on all week.

At lunch I rode my bike home, made a ham and cheese sandwich and played with the pups in the backyard. The driveway crew was gone, everything was prepped and ready for asphalt. I headed back to Toyota and picked up my truck. I had a coupon worth 10% off my service plus a $10 gift card to Dunkin Donuts. I got back to work and continued on my projects. I left work a few minutes early to head home and play with the dogs because I planned on going out tonight.

When I got home, the driveway was done! It looks pretty good having a separated driveway. Looks like I will be working this weekend on dressing up the area between the driveway and the property line. I spoke to my neighbor Pat for a few minutes, then headed to the backyard with the dogs. At 5:30pm I brought the dogs in, fed them dinner and headed to Red Hook to meet up with a few people from work.

I met up with Aaron, Carl and Emily for some drinks and dinner. It was sad to hear that Emily is leaving CHI for Nevada (today was her last day). So, for the record... I got all our new 'young' employees together every 3 weeks to hang out after work. We originally had 8 people, each of our first 3 night's out, one has announced they were leaving the company. So, my attempt to keep young enjoyable people at the company may be backfiring.

I had the chicken tenders for dinner. Carl was the first to leave around 8pm, then Emily. Aaron and I tried out the new Foosball table in the pub until last call at 10:30pm. When I got home, I took the dogs for a 1 mile walk and then headed to bed.

1 comment: